AMC: Confirmed

• Members

WOW - what amc would do for Loving's rating now :lol: Pretend the past never happened?

This is deplorable. The is not AMC anymore - they might as well change the name to protect the people/characters who used to be on this show - the ones we used to love and enjoy watching day after day, week after week and year after year!

AMC was all about history and timely/intelligently crafted stories - with just the right amount of drama, humor and sex thrown in to make them great.

Lucci is no longer portraying the REAL Erica Kane - it's some podErica stuck in repeat stories. I too think she should put her foot down. Maybe she doesn't care anymore. Maybe no one cares? The REAL AMC is dead and gone. She's getting her paycheck.

And since the past doesn't matter anymore - lets just change the story to Edmund being alive and save us all from Jonathug saving the world redemption story. He really isn't a murderer - it was all a dream or something - MMT hasn't done THAT storyline yet! ;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No one cares that this same type of story has been done before.... that's not even the point. And I'm not even sure why people are bringing up other soaps. Who cares. It's the fact that they're undoing the first legal abortion on television. If this same story was done with the baby that Brooke or Julia aborted, while still thinking it was dumb, I wouldn't care as much.

• Members

The posession was not a stunt, it was a storyline. Stunts happen once a month or briefly and have no effect, the posession was a planned out storyline that lasted from December 94 to August of 95. That's not a stunt it is a storyline. And DAYS wasn't exactly in a ratings quagmire. DAYS ratings rose since Hope returned in 1994 (that rose the ratings a whole point instantly) so there was no sense of urgency there.

The reason why DAYS comparisons seem so odd is that DAYS has been doing this and had been doing this for ages. AMC is and always has been considered traditional soap opera that wouldn't touch the lines of doing something as inane and ludicrous, but it is about to according to these rumors. So, until then, it's been this golden traditional soap, and now it can do it just because DAYS has been for the past 10 or so years??

And Bo and Billie's "miscarriage" was HARDLY not-magical. The miscarriage happened on a plantation owned by the DiMera's which had A SWAMP GIRL that was believed to be the 2nd coming of a believed dead Hope. Uhm... yeah, that's not magical, that's realistic?? Puh-lease. Not to mention that this was all going on during the search of a virus in the middle of a jungle in DiMera land. Yeah... Billie's miscarriage was definitely a big realistic story for Days.

• Members

Yeah it's been pretty obvious Josh was Erica's son, especially with Josh taking Kendall's route and exacting revenge on Erica before the audience even knows that he's Erica's son. BTW can McTavish think of any other way of introducing long lost offspring on the canvas than a scorned child who wants to exact revenge on their long lost parent?

McTavish is so obviously grasping at straws here with her third tenure at AMC. Undoing one of the biggest storylines in daytime is ridiculous. I don't anticipate her getting fired though, with Frons in charge of things. Though a nice dip in the ratings would convince him.

McTavish is simply and utterly a one note has been hack of a writer and should be banned from daytime entirely.

• Members

Well, I saw this coming for months and I'm still disgusted at McTrash for even thinking this stunt would work. She needs to be fired immediately so AMC can go back to being an intelligent show that utilizes its rich history instead of destroying it!

Archived