HBO: Veep

YRBB

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I finally got around to watching the second episode. It was okay. I did like Selina barely suppressed smile when she heard that the President was having chest pains. My favorite character is the tall guy who works for the President. I love his snarkiness and ego. Nothing that they say gets to him because even though he is a toady, he works for the POTUS and they all have to do what he says. I just love that.

• Members

I like the cast, I like the characters, I like the quick pace, but something about this show doesn't do it for me. I think one of the major problems is that they have too many characters in one scene way too often -- which certainly makes it more interesting, but screenwriting 101 will advise you against that because it is too hard for the audience to keep track of. It def. has potential though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I really enjoyed this last episode. Poor Selina having to vote against her own legislation. Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a wonderful comedian. I love her facial expressions and body language. So Dan did get to Jonah. The whole break up scene made me laugh.

• Members

It was. JLD is so good at physical comedy. She has the ability to do those awkward movements that make ordinary actions embarrassing and funny at the same time. I always remember her bad dancing as Elaine on Seinfeld. I could not stop laughing.

Archived