Y&R: Actress leaving......sort of......

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good for Jess. Jill can swoop in and steal Jeffrey from Anita and Glo when she returns. The good thing about Y&R is that they have plenty of actresses in that age range so it gives others a chance. (It also makes sense to rotate actors on a vet heavy show like Y&R for budget purposes.)

• Members

I certainly hope not. She looks fine, and plastic surgery isn't going to get her more of a storyline.

Not unless one of MAB's friends needs a job. No one at the show gives a crap about Jill. My guess is Sheffer would have killed her off if he could have.

• Members

Other's a chance? Are you kidding, they have backburned Jill since Tucker's re-cast in 2010.

The only actors who need to be rotated out are the older vets from canceled soaps, or the senior vets other networks are no longer interested in or wants. I don 't even recognize Y&R anymore it's drowning in actors from other shows.

It doesn't make ANY sense to "rotate" out rarely used Y&R vets. NONE. What WOULD make sense is to "rotate" them INTO an actual story every 2/3 years or so. Sheesh!

It will if she has the surgeon make her look identical to one of the old AMC, DOOL, or GH fan faves. TPTB at Y&R can't get enough of the oldies from the ABC and NBC soaps.

• Members

Jess Walton's statement on Facebook:

Hey Everybody! I don't know how many of you have heard, but tomorrow (tuesday) is my last day of taping for about 6 months! I am very excited to have the time off,as I have been working on daytime TV for about 29 years straight! I wanted to be there for my son Cole and his lovely Ashley, for the birth of their son, and the precious time that follows. Also, my husband John and I want to put our new home in order for the country life we have planned up in Oregon. Maria Bell was very understanding of all this, and kindly gave me the time I need!

• Members

I don't think it's anything more than she said. She took some time off to move to Oregon, now she just needs to settle down. She just signed a new contract so I bet this was negotiated then. I wonder if this means when she returns we'll be seeing lots of Jill to meet her contract guarantee.

• Members

Mel Harris redux?

All in all, I wish Walton the best for the next months as she deserves all of it. Sad though Jill won't be gracing our screens though after the whole geisha thing recently they finally had actually written for Jill in a good way.

Archived