Y&R: Actress leaving......sort of......

• Members

Jess Walton, who has portrayed Y&R's Jill Abbott Fenmore since 1987, is leaving the show — but only for a six-month hiatus. The news of her exit was first reported by Nelson Branco on Twitter. "The reason she is taking a break is because her son and his wife and are expecting a baby and Jess wants to be around for the birth of her first grandchild," states her publicist, Charles Sherman, whose client recently moved to Oregon. "There are a lot of false rumors going around that she is gone for good but Jess is absolutely coming back. She talked it out with [Executive Producer/Head Writer] Maria Bell and Maria is fine with this arrangement. Jess's last day of working on the set is on April 3 but she will be back."

http://www.soapopera.../yrs-walton-out

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

6 months without Jill? huh.png

This is going to be a new thing every year. A random vet is just going to be "MIA" for a long period of time. First MTS, now Jess.

I agree that if Giggly (Michelle) were to leave, Maria would disgustingly do everything she could to keep her.

• Members

I would not be surprised if this is true. The whole thing seems odd to me. Six months a lot of time off for the birth of a grandchild. I mean, is she planning to be a live in nanny? Something else has got to be going on here, even if it is not plastic surgery. It could be another health issue that she is trying to keep private.

Archived