GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finola was lucky in terms of being a cross-over character is that her run on AMC was memorable. She got a hugely popular pairing opposite Vincent Irizarry. Though she lived through one of arguable the worst eras of AMC (the Raysfield era of writing), she was a bright spot and given some great material in spite of the very unbalanced canvas at that time. I could understand the writers wanting to forget the Anna in PV history if it were a blip on the radar, but frankly her 3 year run on AMC amounted to much better character building then her flighty appearences under Guza that turned her into a sex-crazed, girly girl, concert groupie with Eli what's his face with a flat ass (reference Californication).

• Members

It mostly just shows laziness and a lack of interest in actual police work on the show's part. How about going after Sonny because he thinks it's the right thing to do, intsead of inventing all this crap that Easton is too lethargic to even try to sell?

• Members

In today's episode, I think Heather and Steve got more air time total than they did when both characters were onscreen together back in 2005. So far, I am really liking their interactions. Two veteran performers seem to be getting some good material. I am optimistic and to see more from this storyline.

• Members

Well, many of us remember Reeves from his memorable decade long run as Ryan from Y&R. I think from a daytime perspective, that and his additional time served at DOOL and GH would qualify one as a veteran performer, agnostic of whether or not he stayed on show. Mattson of course also fits this bill, jumping from show-to-show since the late 70's but only racking about 5 years at General Hospital.

Because these actors are seasoned in Daytime and have a track record of good performance, I am optimistic about what they are going to do with the material they have. I think Reeves has not been given that opportunity to interact with more seasoned actors in his run at GH thus far. I can see this having a "Chrishell Stause" effect, where the audience only began to see the potential in her after her pairing with Kate Collins on AMC.

• Members

I remember him from that as well, and I thought he was pretty poor as Ryan for most of his run. It's why I was not thrilled about him joining GH, and unfortunately he has been about how I thought he'd be. Since his main criteria for the job seems to be that he's BFF with Steve Burton, I'd rather see a veteran who is a better actor.

• Members

The first few years, I would agree. After that, when his story became about the mental illness of his 19 year old wife, and he began looking more and more like a hippie car seat, I thought he was badly out of place.

• Members

I agree, I think Reeves is a capable actor finally being given a character driven relationship (his estranged mother) storyline. Mattson is undeniably one of the best actresses still employed in Daytime, so between the two, I have my expectations high for the coming weeks in regards to this story.

I would love to see how Heather will be integrated in the greater canvas. She has some very fresh wounds with the Quartermaines because of her deception of Edward, and now these secrets about Alan's second love child. She is on equally shaky grounds with the Spencers and remaining Webbers. Who will be her friend? Is she looking for redemption and an opportunity to live a real life with her son? Or, do old habits die hard and will she be her own worst enemy by causing her own undoing.

I hope we can see how a more nuanced Heather this time around, someone who is really trying to lead a normal life while balancing our her psychotic disposition. I love the idea of Steven having an internal conflict between the love for his mother and desire for her that he had long repressed as defense mechanism, and realities of the flight/fight instinct that his telling him something bad is going to happen.

Archived