GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Members

I love it when people speak for many of us! :)

Especially considering the only experience I've had viewing Scott Reeves before GH was back in 2001. He and Melissa Reeves did a segment for Soap Center where they made pottery at some LA shop with their kids!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot of Heather is in the Susan Moore storyline....but not much prior to that

Heather Returned in 2004 for six months It was revealed she was the Ice pick serial killer. Some of the early stuff 1978, 79 they talk about her a lot so you can get a feel for her character.

• Members

Wow.

I forgot that voicing one's opinion on this board subjects you to personal attacks. I guess the piece of my above statement that is of offense is:

I had not realized that the logic behind my statement was not sound.

So let's say there is a population of Soap Opera viewers (N) representing all individuals who watch daytime drama programming. Based on Nielsen ratings, assuming that the scoring scale is of equal quantitative intervals, one can infer that the higher the score, the larger the percentage of the Soap Opera viewer population is being exposed to the series. Since Y&R has been the #1 watched show since 1988 according the Nielsen scale, it can be reasonably inferred that the largest percentage Soap Opera viewers (N) are aware of Mr. Reeves work on Y&R from 1991-2001 on said Soap Opera.

In terms of users of SON, it can be inferred that this is a sample of the greater Soap Opera viewer population (N) since it is unlikely that a non-viewer would frequent/post (a high level of effort) on a message board about soap opera viewing. I would infer that the sample of SON users who watch Y&R is reasonably proportionally equivalent the percentage of Soap Opera viewer population that watched Y&R, inferring that a large sample size of posters on the SON site are Y&R viewers.This is further supported by the fact that SON covers Y&R news, and that there are multiple topics in all DTS boards discussing the show started by members (who have the ability to post).

Using a null hypothesis test, we can deduce the following:

IF 1) Y&R is not viewed by a majority of the Soap Opera viewer population (N) from 1991-2001 - False, proven by Nielsen history

THEN

2) Y&R is not viewed by users of the SON board, a sample of the Soap Opera viewer population (N) - False, proven by the fact that there are Y&R discussions on the SON board

THEREFORE

Y&R is viewed by users on the SON board

The term, "many of us," infers a magnitude and not an absolute value. Therefore, based on the above argument that rationally deduces members of this board as viewers of Y&R, the term, "many of us" is not false.

The second part of my contention, regarding being classified as a veteran daytime actor for having more than a decade of experience in the genre, may be up for more argument. That is based on an internal personal benchmark.I have seen Emma Samms referred to as a "veteran" actor in news reports, and she has +/- 7 years in daytime. Conversely, Reeves has +/- 15 years in daytime, more than twice as many years as Ms. Samms.

So there is my reasoning for making my statements above, using a "sniff test" framework of public knowledge facts with a slight application of business statistics.

Alas, none of this matters. I am now remembering how these passive aggressive personal attacks were the reason why I ceased being a regular poster around 2006-2007. Thanks for the reminder :)

• Members

I didn't even know he was an actor. Melissa Reeves had done a segment or two prior on Soap Center in correlation to Days of Our Lives talking about how much fun it was to be Jennifer of "Jack & Jennifer," so I knew she was on a soap... but I thought he was just some spiky haired husband who played a guitar and sang. I had no idea that this Scott Reeves was the same Scott Reeves until about a year into his tenure and I read gossip about "Scott and Missy."

Archived