GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL...good one. Not everyone watched AMC either so I guess maybe thats why none of Anna's history is being referenced.

John only had 2 female relatives on OLTL, his mother Eve and cousin Shannon

She was awful on OLTL. She was a great child actor but she's been dreadful as a teen and now young adult. Im hoping Sonny pops a cap in her head

• Members

I loved the use of history today when Sam's baby was mentioned. The show rarely acknowledges Lila. Forgot that Heather was on last time Sam was pregnant

Was Steve's story about Heather true today? She became crazy bc she took a drug meant for someone else? She wasnt crazy before that? He made it sound like the only reason she is the way she is today is bc of that drug as if she wasnt messed up before it

• Members

The way Marland wrote Heather and the way subsequent writers wrote Heather were quite different. Marland's Heather wasn't malicious, rather her actions were shown to be out of a sense of desperation. Heather was very conflicted if it was the right thing to do up until she put the LSD in Diana's drink, but when they brought Heather back from the mental institution a year later, they were already making her seem more devious, as if she sought out to try to kill Diana, which wasn't what Marland wrote. Here's an interesting interview with Mary O'Brien, who played Heather during the LSD scene:

http://tvmegasite.net/day/gh/q&a/05-28-08o'brien.shtml

• Members

The story goes (something) like this:

Heather was really devious, malicious, maybe a little bit evil, when she was first introduced. But she wasn't outright evil. She had some sense of conflict regarding her actions,as well as a little bit of a conscience. Then, she slipped LSD into Diana's drink. However, Heather ended up accidentally drinking it instead, and went crazy. She was shipped off to a mental hospital, and came back in the form of Robin Mattson, I believe. since then, she's been pretty much batshit crazy, and if we're supposed to go by the 2004 storyline, evil and murderous.

• Members

I'm not really sure if the Heather of most of Mattson's last few years (in the early 80s) was crazy. Wasn't she mostly just a schemer? I know she planned to kill Diana, but after that wasn't she mostly just involved in money plots with Scotty?

When in the world did Anna have time to mentor the unwashed moper? She was a spy until about 1985, then was rarely absent from GH until the early 90's, was amnesiac until about 2001, and was seen on AMC until early 2003. Did she just do this offcamera?

What is the point of shoehorning in all these fake-ass ties between John and GH characters? Does it makes his relationship with Sonny any less boring or predictable? Does it make Anna any less of a cipher under RC's pen? Does Anna have any purpose beyond propping the men on this show?

If people like John it's because they hate Sonny and Jason. Not because of contrived ties to random characters.

Archived