Y&R: Actors to return

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cricket had a love child with him and never told him because she was really a lesbian?? The love child arrives in Oakdale only to haunt daddy and mommy....the love child starts flirting with guys only for the fans to find out he straight and he just wants a sugar daddy to pay his bills.....

I would really care about them returning if William J. Bell was still writing this former brilliant soap.

• Members

I can understand that need to "protect" the character. I guess I really still see these limited runs as a luxury. I remember Mary Beth Evans saying that back in the 90's, there is no way an known actor would return to a show to recurr, the would only come back on contract because for sure another soap would offer a similar offer just based on name recognition alone. But in this day and age, with less and less programs, those same vets are more than happy to come back for limited stints because there are no other offers and at least one gets to act again. It works out well for the remaining shows so that key family members are not missing or offscreen for big family events (ala the Chancellor funeral that really was a great series of Y&R episodes).

• Members

Lauralee Bell actually has refused returns, so that makes some of her returns even more baffling (like the one where she came back to make out with Nick).

I never liked Danny, so it's not so much about me wanting to protect the character as being annoyed that history was rewritten for no apparent reason. He was abandoned by his father and he fought for Daniel even when he learned Daniel wasn't his biological son. He wouldn't have dumped Daniel off in a boarding school and rarely spoken to him for the rest of his life.

• Members

Unless they are actually going to send Phyllis away for a while I'm not sure why they need to bring this up about the hit and run. If they're just doing this because of the custody battle over Lucy, it's not worth it.

• Members

Lauralee Bell can stay (you would NEVER have heard me say that in the 1980s and 90s!). But Michael Damian brings little to the show, honestly. I am amused by the puppy-dog crush he has on Michael Grazadei, though. Daniel interacting with his parents (which we don't see nearly enough of) is usually made of win.

• Members

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Young-Restless-Reunion-Bell-Damian-1045370.aspx

Cricket and Danny were one of the great suds supercouples of the '80s and '90s and both have been back to The Young and the Restless on separate occasions, but they haven't been together in Genoa City for nearly eight years. Enough already! A rep at Y&R confirms to TV Guide Magazine that Lauralee Bell and Michael Damian will finally re-team on the CBS soap for a major story development in May.

What might that be? Our spies tell us head writer Maria Bell will revisit a memorable cold case from the '90s — the one where bat-crap crazy Phyllis (Michelle Stafford) attempted to kill Cricket in a hit-and-run. No one ever found out who did the dirty deed and Phyllis' days as a sociopath are long behind her. Will she get busted after all this time? And what will "The Bug" do when she finally learns the truth? We can't wait! Look for Bell to hit the air May 17. Damian shows up the following day.

• Members

Could've fooled me...

I never cared for Cricket and Danny.

In fact, I always preferred Cricket single and as more of a supporting character. Mostly because storylines about her love life usually sucked...

But there is no need to bring this Phyllis mess back up. It's another cheap and lazy technique to mask the unoriginality of the bad writing and to claim they're "honouring history." rolleyes.gif

Archived