Writers Who Weren't Given Enough Time

• Members

I meant to say, back when we were talking about the Labines at GL, that the only material from them I thought was truly strong and true to GL's best was the stuff where Abby left Rick. I guess some of this must have been rewrites, as Claire tried to make Abby think Rick had slept with her. Instead, Abby said she knew they hadn't slept together, but she was still tired of what her marriage had become, tired of Claire, and wanted out. It was a way to have both Abby and Rick keep their dignity, and was very well acted.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Was that the Labines...I thought it was still E & B? Too bad Labine came in late, I think she would have known what to do with Abby. I think, despite the age difference, she was the only one that worked with Rick outside of Mindy, and a worthy person to grow into the Mo role.

Which made me think of McTavish...and what she tried to do with Reva, in putting her with Buzz. It seems she was trying to "bring her down to earth," I don't agree it was a good way of doing it, it needed to be done. It was Rauch who said, when he thankfully broke them up, that Reva was too "big," of a character to be with Buzz. So we had all of the various goofy stories to follow.

• Members

B&E wrote most of the story, but I'm pretty sure they were gone by the time of her last scenes. None of that felt like B&E writing to me. They didn't go for character work.

I liked Reva and Buzz together, but I do think they just had no idea what to do with Reva at that time. Save Fifth Street was just awful.

• Members

Booooo hissssss at Ron for dissing one of my favorite ATWT writers,LOLOLOL!tongue.png

The fact that Christopher Goutman replaced her with Lethal Leah Laiman should have told ATWT fans that we were in a heap of trouble!

tongue.png

Seriously,they should have kept Lorraine,paired her with Carolyn Culliton and forget about Hogan and Jean!

• Members

I remember Hope talking to Gina (or Gina talking to Hope) in a mirror, a la ALL MY CHILDREN's Janet. Again, though, it isn't fair to judge Lorraine Broderick at DAYS, since her stint lasted only one month.

Archived