Y&R: Former Star arrested at Governer's Ball

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG, genius. Though as a HUGE fan of Faye Dunaway (Bonnie & Clyde, Chinatown, 3 Days of the Condor, any number of "Woman in Peril in 1970s NYC" pics, sigh), I must protest. Sean Young may look the eyebrowed part but Miss Faye (much as she blames Mommie Dearest for the end of her career) lived and breathed that role. If SY spent as much time in acting lessons as she does dressing up as Catwoman (FTR, Eartha Kitt and Michelle Pfeiffer are the one and only catwomen), she might actually hook a meaningful supporting role on her own merits.

• Members

I'm sorry, but I can't join in on the LOLing at Sean Young for two reasons:

1. It's obvious (to me, at least) that's she's suffering from untreated bipolar depression - a disease that I'm disheartened to see still not being taken seriously (as I doubt that anyone would be laughing if she were suffering from cancer).

2. Knowing how hypocritical ass Hollywood turned their backs on her after her bitter breakup with James Woods. Granted, she wasn't the best actress and was known for primarily being a pretty face, but seeing the industry sum her up as a practical joke while having far more leeway/sympathy for male actors in her condition just turns my stomach.

• Members

That is Hollywood, though, isn't it? It sounds like an absolutely awful, misogynistic place that tosses most of its women onto the scrap-heap after the age of 39. A place that sells youth as a commodity and then proceeds to eat its young. I wish it would change because sometimes it projects its disgust of older ladies onto RL.

I never thought that Sean Young might be bi-polar but that is a pretty convincing thesis. I just thought she was being diva/possibly tipsy by demanding to get into the after-parties and then smacking the security guard. She did manage to get a few pictures in, though, of her & Sandra Bullock and her & Brangelina (though Angelina's crazy right leg was not in the picture, it was probably having a lie-down after a tiring few hours).

Speaking of Brangelina and the fact that the man mostly gets the sympathy when a Hollywood relationship comes to an end, I always thought it was crazy that Brad Pitt was Teflon-spotless while Aniston and Jolie were both made fun of and vilified (to varying degrees) after the Aniston-Pitt relationship ended.

• Members

I've never been on the Brangelina or Brad/Jen bandwagon because I found both Brad/Jennifer overrated as hell since they rose to fame. I loved Angelina years ago, but ever since she bought into her own hype about ten years ago, it's been curtains for her. If they all go away, I wouldn't be upset because this reheated Eddie-Debbie-Liz 'feud' has gone on for far too long.

Whenever Hollywood gets called out on its ageism, it likes to trot out Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, and Susan Sarandon as examples of actresses of a certain age who are still working. Which, no offense to those three ladies [who I love], is pathetic because they don't make up the majority of actresses who often end up out of commission [like Debra Winger] or a shadow of their former selves [the aforementioned Sean Young] because they had the nerve to turn 40. Like you, I wish this cruel double standard would end so that the magazine-buying public doesn't have to feel terrible about themselves for not being the same age as Natalie Portman.

Archived