February 13-17, 2012

Toups

• Members

I don't think GH is safe either, but to say its getting canceled because they didn't participate in an article. :lol: that doesn't mean it is over. Maybe ABC wouldn't let them comment they do own GH and when a decision still hasn't been made why talk about the future. Id rather they not say anything than LIE like they did with AMC/OLTL. While I hope GH survives for the sake of the genre I'm sure both them and The Revolution is getting the boot.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But that was not the only thing I said. Alone in a vacuum, it would not mean much. But ABC not supporting its daytime writers at the WGA Awards by not footing the bill for the tickets and little promotion of GH now on TV versus the talk division and the demise of Soapnet...

Well, things don't look promising. And, to bring it back on topic, these record low ratings every week surely do not help GH's cause.

• Members

Hi! Been off the boards due to some family issues, appreciate the welcome back.

I don't think Katie! is all that cheap. However, clearly ABC sees big opportunity for future earnings growth from that show versus GH.

What is lost in this debate is ABC already canceled GH when they gave their timeslot to the affiliates for Katie! What GH fans are hoping for is ABC to REVERSE that cancellation and find a new slot for GH...

• Members

I dont think that ratings are very reflective of the week, honestly. Somewhat, of course, but I think the larger picture of the show overall for the past few weeks/months/even years plays a big hand. A soap could have its best week ever and it wont matter if the previous weeks/months/years were truly awful.

• Members

True and GH while dead the past few years, always used the big sweeps events to pull viewers in. The last decent sweeps done was 2007 with the MC crisis which was heavily promoted everywhere.Other than soap rags and soap journalist interviews I haven't seen GH promoted much anymore. CBS has done a better job of promoting, they had Y&R promoted on Perez Hilton for a day, still run promos for both shows in daytime and primetime and cross promote their daytime lineup.

• Members

The last ratings stunt which seemed to get a result was Sonny shooting Dante. I think that was also GH's last real chance at turning a corner - many were hoping that story was the last straw for Sonny and friends. Instead it was a blip.

• Members

I forgot about that. I think the MC stands out because the show seemed to have some momentum going from Oct 2006(Laura waking up) to around March 2007 when they dropped everything surrounding Alan's death. That was the last time the show seemed consistantly watchable. Dantes shooting was a 2 week event at most that most knew would lead nowhere different.

• Members

ABC did promote GH for Lauras 2006 return/LnL'S 25th anniversary, the big sweeps events during PT and on other networks. TG/GF even made the round of talkshows in 2006.The MC crisis got cross promotion as did Dantes shooting and Sonny & Brendas wedding. Other than those events, not much else since then.

Archived