DAYS: Will & Sonny Spoiler Thread

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No way is Brian confident. If he was he would not have needed to resort to lying to Will about having sex with Sonny. Doing that shows lack of confidence & maturity. Brian just has better poker face to fake all of that. Plus maybe Sonny didnt see what was in front of his face cause Brian was flirty and Sonny liked it. Wished Brian was Will. However, Brian & Sonny wont last cause their dates are based off Brian's lie to Will

• Members

This is honestly the worst gay storyline i've ever seen on tv. I mean there is no chemistry between Will and Sonny. And Sonny himself is not that good looking to where I'd think a guy like Will would even desire him!

Its sad but Will was more interesting when he was hiding the secret and lashing out at Sami. That was when this storyline was at its peak. And if the writers had any guts they should have "gone there" with Will and EJ. Because God knows they had so much chem. It was just oozing off the screen and so palpable. If not EJ and Sami have kids already I would be onboard.

As it is though the kids do exist and it would be all sorts of icky for EJ and Will to hook up. Pure soap but very weird. Therefore I'll root for Ejami and be satisfied with that.

As for Will and Sonny though? Sonny can ride off into the sunset and Will needs a new love interest. Someone actually interesting and cute would be good to start...

• Members

it would help if will were interesting too. The only time he is interesting is when he smirks..as for Sonny....I dont know what happen to his looks. He was so much cuter when he first arrived to Salem. Will and Sonny are boring because both are boring.

• Members

Will at least has the potential to be interesting based on his personal history....i mean heck his mom alone could drive story for a year or 2 if the right guy came along. Theres of course the Brady/Dimeria angle that could be played up. But Sonny from the get go has never interested me. Just plain blah there.

Say what you will about Luke and Noah on ATWT but even though Noah was a nice clean shaven guy the connection between him and Luke was there from the get go. And the writers did a good job of expanding the character in terms of his personality...his quirks...his likes/dislikes. His own personal style of clothing versus that of Luke. And then with the addition of that new guy Reid we could have had the first viable gay love triangle in which both sides had valid reasons for wanting Luke to end up wtih their guy. For me Luke/Noah was the end game but I saw plenty of Reid/Luke scenes to see why people thought they were perfect together.

With Days there hasn't been any type of exploration thats made me care about Will being gay one way or the other.

• Members

I mostly saw a parody of old repressed gay characters, more than any chemistry betwen Will and EJ. The main problem with Will is that he's just one-note and dull, no matter who he's with. He was when he spent a year calling Sami a whore and making doe eyes at EJ, and he is now that he's passive passive passive in this story. Only the characters around him are interesting.

• Members

This may not be fair, but gay male characters in American soaps tend to languish unless they get some kind of "swagger" (lesbians can get away with it, e.g. Bianca from AMC). Will, at the very end of things, is just a good guy that's in bad situations. Same with Sonny. Brian is much more appealing, 'coz he's naughty.

Let me summarise the other soaps:

OLTL- Troublemaker Kyle Lewis had a long history with nerdy Fish, and that allowed the audience to have more of a connection with those 2.

ATWT- Luke was in the "Will Horton" territory until the writers decided to play up his neurotic aspects. Reid is almost the definition of "swagger".

The reason why gay characters need distinct and bold personalities is because there's no guarantee that their stories will be good, so the characterisation must be on point at all times. We're past the stage where every gay boy must be an angelic Billy Douglas clone.

• Members

Reid to me was the typical gay male in America. A go getter ....an achiever....his job is number one to him....his ego a close second and his bf comes dead last.....lol.....but still loved the Reid character.

I think he was the best written gay character in daytime tv.

• Members

If Kyle had evolved then i don't see anything wrong with it.....if they just dropped it then no....that's what makes a character interesting to me...those that have evolved either better or to the bedside...we seem them change on screen with their experiences...etc...etc....Lucinda comes to mind.....I think thats why I loved that character so much...

Archived