• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

For those who are interested, Aisha Tyler does a podcast called Girl on Guy where she talks about "stuff guys love." Her latest one features an interview with Nathan Fillion. There's a part where he talks at length about his time at OLTL. The whole interview is about an hour long but he starts talking about OLTL at the 30 minute mark or so. He tells some nice stories about his co-workers and tells a couple of funny ones about Bob Woods. I particularly like his description of Don Jeffcoat.

http://girlonguy.net/podcast/girl-on-guy-60-nathan-fillion-2/

Fillion-3h.jpg

A couple of warnings:

1.) The podcast is definitely NSFW. Aisha swears. A lot.

2.) She's an clearly an outsider to the genre so don't expect the "inside baseball" fawning we get from the soap press.

• Members

What happened to these guys?

Sam Behrens, Clive Robertson, Sarah Buxton, Susan Ward, Shawn Batten, Timothy Adams, Vanessa Dorman, Kam Heskin, Hank Cheyne, Nick Kiriazis, Priscilla Garita, Cristi Harris, Krissy Carlson, Michael Strickland, Nick Stabile, Lisa Guerrero Coles, Kathleen Noone, Christina Chambers, Dominique Jennings, etc etc etc etc of Sunset Beach?

Alla.jpg

• Members

Tom Pelphrey has an indie film opening next month in which he co-stars with Melissa Archer (and, apparently every aging Jewish actor on the East coast. LOL!) I'll probably go see this if it comes to my city since I love a good addiction tale whether comedy or drama. Also I like Pelphrey and it looks like he has a real flair for comedy. Frankly I didn't even recognize him at first.

As for Archer...whatever my feeling about OLTL, "Natalie" or MA's acting talent, I'm happy for ANY soap actor who finds a way to keep working their craft. However, it doesn't look like she goes topless in this film so I know that will disappoint some of her fans on this board.laugh.pngraspberry.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPvLGfMBc64

Edited by marceline

• Members

Really? Good for them. As much as I love my sci-fi blockbusters (Avengers, Dark Knight, etc...), I'm drifting more and more towards indie films. It just seems like most of the major releases are just retread crap. I *loved* TSJ's movie In The Family (even though it was basically a month long) and it's been getting a great response. I hope this movie does well too, if for no other reason that it has two soapers leading the cast. I feel like indie film is a good next step for soap actors.

And even though I've talked plenty of trash about MA in the past (and probably will in the future), I have to say that I think both she and Pelphrey look really attractive in the trailer. It's amazing what happens when these actors get a chance to work in flattering lighting and clothes.