Actors Who Disrespect Daytime TV

• Members

Actors who have either appeared on Daytime TV and those who havent but still talk smack about it

Morgan Freeman-He spoke to Nelson Branco & basically said after 100 years its time to say goodbye. Plus last night he was the subject of Oprah's Master-Class On OWN and completely crapped on his time on The Electric Company and never mentioned his stints On Texas, Ryan's Hope & Another World. MF came across as a total TV Snob

Lauren Holly also talked to Nelson Branco in 2009 when he was still at TV Guide Canada and when he asked how she felt about soaps ending (She was on AMC as Julie from 86-89) basically said soaps dont tell good story and were all crap

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LH said other stuff. No longer have access to exact quote but basically called all Daytime Dramas crap and they paid her bills for 3 years, allowed her to act and if she never got AMC she would not be where she was today. Its all connected

• Members

It's so tough to say sometimes because in the past when a former soap actor said, "These shows are crap," that was not fair - many soaps were incredible for years. Unfortunately, in the last 10-15 years, I can't exactly say that.

I know Meg Ryan and Ryan Phillipe both seemed to be ashamed of their time on soaps.

• Members

Lauren was not talking about AMC She said All Daytime Drama Was Crap

RP seems to have come to appreciate his OLTL days and Meg is weird she goes back and forth. Inside the actors studio she was happy with it but other places she laughed ATWT off

Rue McClanahan on Her TV Legends Interview Spoke of her soap Days (Love Of Life, Where The Heart Is, Another World) but asked the interviewer to move on to something else

• Members

I talk smack about plenty of my old jobs. That's because they sucked. The fact that I was able to pay my bills doesn't mean they didn't suck. These actors don't owe it to fans to be cheerleaders and IMO it's unrealistic and unfair to expect them to. Don't ask the question if you can't handle the truth.

• Members

Acting is Acting. In Fact Soap Acting is probably right next to Theater as far as hardest acting jobs. Prime Time & Film are cake walks compared to it and Actors talk down daytime cause they think its less and its not. If you want to be an actor, act, regardless of the medium. Not everyone can be a movie star and if thats your goal, Good luck. There shouldnt be film actors, TV Actors, Soap Actors Or Theater Actors. They are all Actors. Shouldnt be this illusion that one medium is better than the rest. BS

• Members

Your acting like these folks don't have a right to an opinion. Most actors that started in soaps have credited their experience there in helpng them hone the basics. And its not only actors that look at soaps as a lower level in the acting business.Kimberly McCullough was told to leave her Emmy wins off her resume after she left GH as it was not looked at favorably by those outside of daytime.I dont think daytime itself has ever has a lot of respect sadly but I cant blame Morgan Freeman for viewing his post daytime work in a more favorable light as the entire industry does just that.

Archived