Three's Company!

Ryan Chamberlain

• Members

I've been a HUGE fan of this show since I was 7, and as I've gotten older, I think my favorite seasons are the first three. I used to love S4, but yeah, it's painfully obvious how silly and ridiculous they made Chrissy by then, and as much as I like some of the later seasons, you really have to wonder why they almost started writing it like a children's show. The first few seasons were silly and farcical, but it was still sexy and sophisticated. Once they dumbed Chrissy down, allllll of the sexiness went out of the window and never came back.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO, how does one even discover a piece of trivia like that?? :lol:

I loved Christmas Snow, but I loved Terri as well. I think Terri was the perfect addition rounding out the final years of the show. She was grounded in a way the show needed when at risk of having the blond become progressively dumber. As someone mentioned above, not unlike Homer Simpson, or Rose Nylund for that matter, new writers writing into the "dumbness" idea of the character.

I think I liked Cindy more as a kid. When I watch now I see how "efforted" the character is. Joyce was not a fan of Jenilee's acting.

This does NOT surprise me. :lol:

• Members

That's so funny, what a coincidence. I just read some random trivia myself, that the star in the pilot of Suzanne Somer's syndicated series She's the Sheriff--say that three times fast!--was none other than Priscilla Barnes.

• Members

I often am a little surprised my mom let us watch this at such a young age (I guess reruns back from when I was 3), but my older brother worshipped it and although sexual humour (even of the innuendo variety) my mom loved Ritter's physical comedy. The thing is I hadn't seen it in decades until late night reruns started here a while back, and I basically remembered EVERY episode lol. (Granted they're fairly predictable). I definitely agree that Cindy was very weak and brought the show down, it was a mistake to go with a character based on Sommers' and smart to go with Terry instead.

• Members

I think Three's Company's is the first series finale I ever saw as a kid, when they brought up the title at the end of the show and replaced "Company" with "a Crowd". I still remember how sad that last show felt to me that night. Terry about to move all the way to Hawaii and getting all teary was the saddest to me for some reason, her and Furley's, "Don't eat too many pineapples" and hesitation/stagger out the door. And of course the requisite long shot of the dark, empty set.

They were already showing 3C in syndication while the show was still in primetime. It was a very popular summer time/after school show that often came up in conversation when I was in elementary school, we were already getting a kick out of the double entendres. And "Why does Mr. Roper look at the camera when he laughs?" "That's like that guy's trademark or something..."

• Members

HAHAHA yeah I think it and Facts of Life (which was still running of course), aired back to back after school. I remember rushing home to school and singing the Facts theme song and then Three's Company's with my older brother (who somehow ended up straight). And of course Company's brilliant theme song is by popular Sesame Street composer Joe Raposo.

I did see some of Three's a Crowd (I didn't see any fo the Roeper's till much later) because I believe it was part of some of the syndication packages but I remember so little about it except it wasn't too memorable. I think as a kid I thought they were just little side stories...

• Members

LOL I don't think I've ever met someone before who expressed love for Cindy. Indifference, sure...

Has anyone watched the UK originals? i saw some of the pilot which seemed nearly identical (guy in the shower after a party, etc) but I'm sure they diverged afterwards. What I found amusing is I think the UK even had parallel spin offs to The Roepers and Three's a Crowd.

Archived