Three's Company!

Ryan Chamberlain

• Members

I have become such a fan of this show. It was so cute.

I've noticed I seem to like The Ropers a little better than Furley. But, he was great too. Larry was an awesome friend for Jack. And, Chrissy got so bloody annoying before her demise after S.S. had her little temper tantrum and left.

Anyone else a avid TC watcher/fan?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Three's Company!

Chrissy with Three's Company was a little like Homer with The Simpsons: made progressively dumber with every season. But with Chrissy, it was way more rapid. The hair became blonder, the pigtails, the clothes, the makeup more and more trowled on, the mannerisms more obnoxious, the occassional snort-laugh became a regular occurrence.... I loved her during the first few seasons with the Ropers (who I also thought were better than Furley). But by the time Chrissy was leaving, she'd become too little of a character and too much of caricature...

Jenilee Harrison as Chrissy's klutzy cousin Cindy was good for finishing out that 5th season. (Her character reportedly just assumed the plots originally planned for Chrissy.) And I warmed up to Priscilla Barnes as nurse Terry pretty quickly. I wonder if the character changes actually afforded the show a season or two more than it would have had otherwise.

• Members

Chrissy and the Ropers were the best! Cindy was a failure just like Jamie was on Dallas. Cindy was not popular with the fans and that's why she was written out. Her stint on Dallas was just as bad...I think she was killed 3 times.....lol....I wish they had gotten a better actress in the role for Jamie. I liked Terri but she wasnt Chrissy.

• Members

Rude! I thought Jenilee Harrison did a great job as Jamie. She was a firecracker with lots of potential in the beginning. Then the role was watered down. She had the misforture of coming on during a poorly written season. Then her final season (when she was killed off a second time), they finally went back to her roots and gave her some great stuff with Cliff. It was a shame to see her go. Would've been a good addition to the later years. Going back to Three's Company, I enjoyed Cindy as well. The first episodes I saw featured her and I liked that she didn't have the same obvious sex appeal. I also thinK Jenilee is prettier than Suzanne Somers. The only one I couldn't stand was Terri. Only positive for her is that they did something different for a change.

• Members

I hated Cindy. I found her just too stupid and silly. Good riddance when she left. I did like Terri though. Not as funny as other cast members but she had great chemistry with all of them and fit right in. I think she provided excellent moments which they all played off of.

• Members

Someone behind the scenes at Three's Company must have been a fan of Another World- three roles on Three's Company were played by former AW stars- Audra Linley- Mrs. Roper was Liz Matthews on AW, Jordan Charney- Mr. Angelino- Jack's boss was Sam Lucas (Ada's brother and Rachel's uncle) on AW and its spinoff Somerset, and Ann Wedgeworth- Lana Shields who played Lahoma Vane Lucas on AW and its spinoff Somerset. Charney and Wedgeworth's AW characters were married on the show.

Archived