GL on DVD!

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As The World Turns and Guiding Light

Back in New York City, he was asked by CBS Daytime to temporarily assume the head writing reins at As the World Turns, which he did for thirteen weeks.

In 1979, he assumed the head writing reins of New York-based Guiding Light. Marland's run on GL produced popular storylines and characters. One character Marland introduced was Nola Reardon, played by Lisa Brown. The uncoventional Nola started as a villainess and became the heroine of the show.

Another story was an envelope-pushing story that featured the character of Carrie Todd Marler (played by Jane Elliot). Carrie was diagnosed with multiple personalities, and Marland had barely delved into her psychosis when Elliot's contract was abruptly terminated by Executive Producer Allen M. Potter in 1982; Marland resigned in protest.

• Members

Hmmm...I dont recall. I will have to check on my dvds or look it up. Thats very interesting info.

Just finished watching the episode where Phillip confronts Justin and Alan. I didnt know Richard Culliton was HW at the time with PKL. Or was RC HW all by himself?? Pamela K. Long is listed after Richard Culliton.

• Members

Yikes... Haven't posted on this board in eons.

Just dropped in to the conversation since my DVDs arrived today. Been mostly skipping around, but there is one scene that I keep rewinding. I love the 1988 episode. It must have been Maureen Garrett's second or third day back and she has a great scene with Elizabeth Dennehey's Blake, talking about not liking being back because of the "ghosts." Sigh... If they only knew what was about to happen...

I'm a little concerned with the covering up of the music on this episode, mostly, that you can still mostly hear it if you listen closely enough. I really hope it's enough to avoid copyright infringment suits because I want more of these collections.

EDIT... Watching this episode as I'm posting... And Holy Crap Alex and Fletcher's plane is about to go down and we all know what that means...

• Members

Dan I MISS THIS show...the good stuff, not the bad stuff, though some not so great stuff on the set.

I so far have only watched the Kelly/Morgan wedding episode which is barely 40 minutes, was something cut like a song from Mike Bauer (Don Stewart)? He goes to talk to the guy who did the ceremony and has a guitar, mentions singing and then the scene ends.

MOL tweeted about how he wondered if the actors are getting residuals, so are they?

Also will there be anything special coming up in regards to the releases?

I'm trying to watch in disk order (though not watching all episodes), so I am a long way to the MG 1988 scenes...

• Members

"Dan I MISS THIS show...the good stuff, not the bad stuff, though some not so great stuff on the set."

Yeah... There are some duds in here. Mostly the 2005-2007 stuff (I don't include the 2009 episode since it was a last-minute addition and not a terrible episode for PeapackGL).

Archived