AMC: Erica's Friends

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Esther wasn't Erica's friend. She was someone Erica kept on at Linden to keep her secret about Sonya.

In the early modeling days, I think she and Margo Flax were roommates when Erica was modeling for Jason Maxwell. She was friends with Chuck Tyler, I think, when the show first started. She was friends with both Tad and Jenny, and she was friends with Olga and with Nick Davis, and of course Opal and Myrtle.

Erica has never really had close female friends her own age. She was eventually on friendly terms with Tom, although she did sleep with him the night before she married Adam for the first time, which needless to say did not go over well with Brooke or with Adam when he found out - he had Tom run off the road. Erica was friends with Jeremy for a while before they were ever lovers. She and Jack had periods where they were just friends, and she and David were friends until the Bess/Miranda drama. She stayed friends with Ryan as well, and she had a very friendly relationship with Leo, despite her dislike for Greenlee.

Erica is the type of woman who generally viewed other women as potential rivals, not friends, so she befriended primarily men, and her few female friends were usually those who were not in direct competition with her because they were older or because they were younger and she was in more of a mentor role to them.

• Members

I thougt it was "Carl" for the longest time and I imagined this big brutish man working in her kitchen at Linden. Only when I got to Acting school and took speech classes did I realize Susan's pronunciation was proper. Most of us say "Core-uhl" but it's an ɒ sound like "foster".

• Members

I'm confused on what you mean about pronouncing Coral, can you write out what you mean phonetically SFK? What you said absolutely confused me, though it could be due to sleepiness. I'm was trying to figure out a place to hear Susan say the word, as I never was confused on how she referenced Coral on AMC. I even went as far as checking a rhyming dictionary and coral was noted as rhyming with moral, but not oral.

That said I think Erica doesn't have female friends that often because there are too many women in Pine Valley that she shared men with or dated/married their fathers or brothers. I can see due to how Angie is that she and Erica could get along and she would be closer to a peer to Erica. That said I appreciated that by the end we got to see Erica and Brooke snark, but not be malicious with one another.

• Members

bl, there's a symbol in the International phonetic Alphabet for the sound I'm talking about, but it's impossible to write phonetically in English. The closest I can come to is "Caw-rl", but the vowel is a very short sound, like saying "pop!" from the roof of your mouth or uvula. If you hear a British person say words like top, mop, moral, oral, that's it. It's just that those words don't get the point across to most Americans when written out because we tend to read them as "tahp", "mahp", "more-uhl", "ore-uhl".

Archived