Carolyn Hinsey: Staying Classy 'Til The End...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only reasons ron and frank were hired are (a) abc doesn't want GH going down any further in the ratings; they do want as many eyeballs watching because they want those same people to switch to the new program, (cool.png Sony would pounce on both of them to take over Y&R and ABC doesn't want Y&R improving, © Phelps and Wolf were completely out of steam and were driving actors away which was giving GH a lot of bad press. ABC still wants to earn money off this show in the future with re-runs etc and licencing online. They want the GH viewers to be happy. If Marland or Faulken Smith were alive they probably would have hired one of them to come back, the way they did with Nixon/Broderick. I think it will be fun to watch GH in its final months. I think Ron and Frank will be very respectful.

• Members

this may be a dumb question but, do exec. producers have to 'uproot' their lives to produce a show? ive heard of several HW writing theyre shows from different coasts all the time which means carlivati could write GH from new york right? im lost on the producer though? either way this women is delusional!!!!

• Members

The executive producer has to be onsite. Whether they commute or move their entire lives to the city where the show tapes, that's something else. The writers don't, since the majority of what they do is independent of what goes on in the studio. There are writers who like to be at the show, but it's not a necessity.

Essentially, she's being overdramatic. Shocker.

• Members

This woman - is she the fat blonde bitch who looks like a habitual Walmart shopper from the Midwest?

If so, I cannot stand her. I remember when they used to announce the Daytime Emmy nominations on The View, and this creature would be on to give her loudmouth critiques. *GAG*

Or maybe I'm thinking of Kim Zimmer..

• Members

I could not help but laugh when I read that update. I think everyone know that unless some miracle happens, GH is probably toast one year from now. When you replace Frons with a reality chick the intentions are clear. I never understood the "block if you don't agree with me" stuff anyway..

• Members

Is it her personal page or is it a "professional" one? I'm not defending her but I recently watched a FB battle between an author I love and someone on her page. That person made a bigoted remark and she deleted it. The poster went crazy whining about the First Amendment (umm...FB isn't the government) and accusing her of suppressing his free speech. It didn't seem occur to him that he was posting on her personal page and therefore she could set the rules about what was acceptable: No personal attacks, no bigotry of any sort, don't criticize others for typos, grammar, spelling, etc... because she wants everybody to feel welcome. I don't agree with Hinsey's reasoning on this particular issue but if she wants to stop people from spreading (what she considers to be) poison on her page, she has that right.

• Members

Thank you. Then she can do anything she pleases. I just defriended someone who posted a really nasty gay joke in his status update. There comes a point where you just aren't willing to tolerate people's [!@#$%^&*] anymore. Of course, acknowledging that GH is dead hardly seems to fall in that category but...whatever.

Archived