Carolyn Hinsey: Staying Classy 'Til The End...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's been my (very uneducated) understanding that on site headwriters are rare. Irna Phillips of course NEVER was, bvut she'd call the studio daily, view all auditions, condescendingly only refer to actors by name, etc. Bill Bell did most of his HW from Chicago though I think at some point he moved to LA (maybe when B&B started?) but am not sure. Agnes Nixon did most of her writing in her home in... Pennsylvania? Somewhere not too far--but of course she wanted to stay home with her children (it's really pretty incredible what she did in the early 70s HW two soaps, producing both--though her husband handled the money--and raising children though she says that for 5 hours a day she was not to be disturbed by the kids and a nanny would come in). But she did make a point of coming to the shows--at least when she was most involved--at least weekly and I think has had that New York apartment of hers for ever.

All I can think of is, besides the fact she appears to have one of those personalities that should NEVER have been aquanted with twitter, she also realizes that her "job" is increasingly in jeopardy. Not just from soap cancelations but also from the fact that all this rumour, as well as all this gossip, gets leaked out before she can say anything "official".

• Members

No, that's the worst. If you're going to have a twitter account that's NOT a personal one just for your friends, but is to share soap news and gossip, then you have to be mature enough to even eat humble pie and plitely say "Well I disagree with you and think I will prove you wrong" or whatever BS, and then just leave it there. Instead we get "You're all big fat losers and I'm going to block you--take THAT!"

• Members

I like her ph34r.png

I am not disagreeing with anything yall say, or defending her. Just.. i like her. I liked reading her columns, i often disagreed, but they were entertaining. Plus, shes always been really nice to me whenever I have seen her out and about, and by this point most of us know thats all i really care about, lol.

• Members

I think her columns are mostly fair--and honestly stand out because who else in soap publications anymore offers an opinion? But her online behaviour loses a lot of respect (as did her book which basically spouts out facts as if they were news--stuff anyone who has read Schemering's book, or any other decent soap book already knows, which is fine, but it's touted as a new view on soaps)

And I'm glad she's at least nice to the people who support her in person. I know from experience twitter and facebook can bring out the worst in a LOT of decent people--that's why I think she should just realize how it reflects on her. If you saw her in person and mentioned her facebook status would she own it, admit she shouldn't have done it, or stop talking?

• Members

I wonder how they're doing. Wherever they are I'm sure they're grateful they can't be falsely blamed for killing OLTL.

Like I said, technically she's got the right to block anyone she wants to but if she wants to present her page as a place where people can talk about the soap business then she shouldn't have these tantrums when people actually talk about the soap business. There are very legitimate reasons to believe that GH is a dead show walking and her reaction is the equivalent of putting her fingers in her ears and yelling "La, la, la...."

• Members

IA. Even if she chooses to disagree with those who suspect GH's days are short, she can do so publicly without resorting to name-calling. It's one thing to encourage others' opinions while holding to one that might not be what the majority believes. It's altogether different, though, to label those who disagree with you as "losers." Frankly, I would encourage everyone, even those who generally enjoy conversing on her FB page, not to engage in discussion with her anymore. Her behavior should NOT be encouraged or condoned at all.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

CH was on a blogtalk radio program promoting her book & giving false info about PP and the rights Of AMC & OLTL

She said PP owns them outright. BS. They have them lisenced for ONE YEAR

She wouldnt speak ill of previous GH regime but will talk trash about actors. Hypicrite

Archived