Carolyn Hinsey: Staying Classy 'Til The End...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the early days of her SOD column she pretty much said she wanted Stephanie to put a fireplace poker in Brooke's vagina. When people called her on this, she said that wasn't what she meant...but it was a cheap ploy for "controversy," and one of the reasons I lost interest in the magazine in those years.

• Members

That was when she got more power, yes. She'd been there a long time but I think her column started around 1998. I thought it was very "look at me look at me" when Digest in the past had been more matter-of-fact and any shock value stuff was hidden behind a pseudonym (like Diva von Dish). There was a lot of crassness and inside stuff yet also a lot of more and more blatant shilling. It hollowed out both magazines.

• Members

A title and a paycheck. The only damn differences between a member of the soap press and *us*. And just as the *us* may encompasseshe good and the bad, the zany and the sane, there is no differences when it comes to the "informed", "knowledgeable" "professionals". Soap opera is a fan's medium. Anyone who makes their buck commenting on and/or critiquing the medium could easily be you.

• Members

I remember years ago, I was featured in SOW in Carolyn's Corner. We went back and forth about viewer fanatacism, and while I told her in our back and forth emails that a certain FEW fans were sending me threats due to my dislike of a certain couple, she twisted my words and printed that I called out an ENTIRE fanbase. I emailed her after I saw the article and told her I wanted a clarification from her. She told me not to email her again and to move on. She just wanted to ignite a firestorm, and in the process, she gave me a bad name. Needless to say, I'm still bitter.

• Members

This woman NEEDS TO GET OVER IT. Soaps are OVER sweetheart. So Brian Frons stepping down from the position and them replacing him with a woman whose main focus is ALTERNATIVE SHOWS doesn't spell the end of GH. GH is a goner and Frank/Ron last minute were brought on to bring it to a big finale. GH has even been tieing the show a show that costs 55% percent less then GH. Carolyn is a total MORON. I can't wait until the GH/ABC announcement is made and shes eating crow. GH is a GONER NO MATTER WHAT. Even if the Revolution BOMBS, ABC's new prexy of daytime is developing other reality/alternative pilot shows to replace it. These shows are very easy to replace. They don't work then its on to the next CHEAP SHOW. In this economy its about reality/alternative and CHEAP. GH is a done. Maybe Frank/Ron are moving to LA for this because its employment and hey if its six months it still MONEY IDIOT.

'

Archived