October 3-7, 2011

Toups

• Members

Since the August Todd reveal scenes OLTL lost 494,000 viewers. The show was trending downward especially in demos all September. Now the key demos have crashed to their lowest numbers since week of Feb 28, 2011.

While some blame goes to the Chew for a poor lead-in, it's worth noting that AMC fell to all time lows this summer yet OLTL managed to hit 3 year highs. Also, OLTL fell to 2.4 million viewers on 9/13 when it still had AMC as a lead-in.

OLTL started its climb up in April during the bullying story. If these averages hold up, the show merely slid back finally to its March averages.

2011 Monthly averages:

Jan 2011 2,541,300 619,500

Feb 2011 2,601,316 647,250

Mar 2011 2,447,130 594,600

Apr 2011 2,598,048 670,000

May 2011 2,561,667 647,000

Jun 2011 2,552,636 644,400

Jul 2011 2,679,450 640,250

Aug 2011 2,840,739 735,400

Sep 2011 2,725,190 662,250

Oct 2011 2,418,000 561,000

Of note, same week last year OLTL gained 256,000 viewers and scored its best demos in 5 months.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Also, if I'm not mistaken Nielsen DOES count Live+7 for daytime. Per the #'s, AMC was adjusted up to a 2.4 HH for the season (up from the 2.3 using Live+SD we reported previously) and it's Women 18-49 rating went up to a 1.2 (up from the 1.1 for Live+SD). Toups, does this look likely to you as well?

Lastly, for the season The Chew is averaging a 0.0 in Girls 12-17 rating. All other programs range from 0.1-0.4. OLTL is the highest in the category.

• Members

I'm not surprised that Days hasn't surged with the returns. I was excited that John/Marlena/Austin/Carrie were back, but the stories are all SOOO incredibly boring. Not interested in anything that's happened in the least. I would be interested in the Will/Sonny gay storyline, but that's been non-existent! I'm all for slow buildup, but this has just been an erectile dysfunction personified.

• Members

Thanks for showing some much needed objectivity and not blaming OLTL's ratings problems entirely on "The Screw."

I think that part of the problem is that DOOL has the worst production values in all of daytime. Just about every set--from the Horton Town Square (which seems like a really cool concept) to the "park" where Jack and Jennifer had their conversations--looks like it is inside a studio in Burbank. Rather than shelling out so much money for "big names" to return, Corday should have invested his cash in the show's sets. (When you compare the production values of B&B to DOOL, it is like day and night.)

• Members

I definitely blame The Chew for this, I don't remember in the past few years seeing GH drop .3 in the 18-49 demo out of nowhere. I know with both soaps its a combo of horrible Chew lead-in/horrible stories.

Really don't care about OLTL falling since its going in a few months, poor GH will have not one but TWO pathetic lead ins come January. I bet it starts hitting the 1.4-1.6 after OLTL goes off ABC.

• Members

The chew is a horrible lead in so oltl built over it by 600000 viewers lol. The chew is hurting it big time. It doesn't oltl is getting off this crappola ska abc. Terrible lead in. Oltl had a strong six months. It was strong April and august and September dropped but strong.

• Members

GH is pretty bad but I will take this version over the last few years of GH. I strongly believe The Chew is hurting the lineup and because it is so bad it just might buy GH some more time because I can almost guarantee The Revolution will be worse. I truly can't wait for AMC to return and I think The Chew deserves even lower ratings and yes I am bitter.

Archived