October 3-7, 2011

Toups

• Members

What's killing NBC right now is not the 10pm shows (although it's a huge part)... take a look at the LEAD-INS. I'm not saying Playboy Club would have worked if a scripted show had been in front of it, but when Sing-Off delivers five million viewers then Playboy won't do much better. Harry's Law pulled about what, 9 or 10 million viewers in that Monday 10 slot last spring?

Likewise, when is NBC going to realize Biggest Loser is not a compatible lead in for Parenthood?

The network has to rebuild a little at a time, yes. Some of these scheduling decisions are leaving me scratching my head.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ditto and ditto. If we had the Friends/ER audience seeing promos for DAYS during Thursday night, former viewers might take notice. I won't be surprised if DAYS doesn't improve in the coming weeks. The "relaunch" week was intriguing, but now it's blah, just with familiar faces.

• Members

The numbers for all the soaps are dreadful. The only soap that did well was B&B. OLTL has lost any momentum they had going for it. Days is back to the 1.7's with all the big returns..... what a big flop of a failure. GH.....LOL.....2.2 viewers and a 1.7 HH.....LMAO....too bad Guza isnt still there...he left and now someone else is left to clean up his mess.

Y&R....stop watching long time ago and dont miss it. They deserve all the 3.1s dallies.....It is so close to hitting the 2's and going under 4 million in viewers...lol

I say cancel them all and release DVD sets of the soaps.

• Members

I am not blaming GH's drops on The Chew. GH is just dreadful and unwatchable these days as bad as Y&R.

And you can't blame The Chew on Days while maintaining not really gaining viewers. I actually thought they might pick up some AMC viewers. No such luck And the show is improved but those big returns really did nothing.

• Members

I honestly thought there was a discussion some time back about how shows are no longer lead in dependent. Personally I think its less The Chew than AMC being gone. I thnk a lot of people watched the entire block. JMO of course

I think Days is improved no question but I think the days of getting back hundreds of thousands of lapsed viewers is over. Of course maybe they should air Days during NBC primetime. It seems to do almost as well as some of NBC's other shows.

• Webmaster

BTW, for those asking All My Children will indeed remain in the season-to-date rankings according to Nielsen until September 2012 as the show aired for a single week during the current television season, which will end in September 2012.

Archived