Y&R: Discussion for the Month of October

• Members

Oh lord. Diane's not dead. It's why she texted all her enemies whilst wearing a hideous dress and asked them all to meet her in some abandoned park with water (the kiss of death in Genoa City) and then conveniently showed up dead in a smaller version of the infamous Nikki-Cow-Pattern=Dress.

She's Alive.

Deal.

Nobody dies anymore here.

And I pray to soap gods that Sheffer isn't so jaded that he actually killed off MAURA WEST! :o

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have the mental strength to watch her suffer at the hands of Y&R's morons. It was like watching a 2 yr old play with a cat. They mean well, they love the cat, but they don't realize they're actually torturing the poor thing.

EXCEPT, the morons at Y&R aren't two, and they aren't simply overexcited and they don't love Maura. If they had, they would have simply shipped Diane out of town, and put the best possible spin on it---the "oh, we've got too many stories going on" excuse. Instead they brutally blugeoned her to death. And even on a show featuring one resurrection a month, they ain't bringing her back. Good as she is, Maura can't walk around topless and inspire thousands of drooling fangurls with a blank stare.

• Members

Ronan's word enunciation makes my brain itch.

And no Marcy Rylan to relieve the tedium of today's episode. Just Phyllis planning to use her golden vawhatchacallit to "charm" info out of Ronan. Good god.

• Members

It's so much WORSE than I thought -- Phyllis simulating oral sex with the straw of her drink. On one hand, I'm impressed that Daytime would go there. It's been a long time since a soap tried to be sexy in an adult way (as opposed to the "grief sex" hollowness that seems to pervade the genre these days). On the other hand... it's Phyllis. And she's offering up sex in exchange for some info about Diane's murder that-I-can't-even-recall-right-now which she is planning to pass on to Nick? Classy.

Archived