Y&R: Discussion for the Month of October

• Members

This role is sooo poised. Nichols is just not working on Y&R; dare I say that the original Tucker did fit in better!? Gasp!

That black storyline is doomed; Y&R is crashing in the ratings and there is no way Maria will pinpoint this to anything but having the Winters front and center. Nevermind that this is the ONLY interesting story on the show. I'm sure some more mob drama courtesy of Sheffer and murder mystery courtesy of Hamner are the cure. whistling.jpg

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL. I love you and this post so much, even though I don't agree with everything in it.

First of all

-Yes OF COURSE Jess Walton does not phone it in. There are a lot of posts on this thread that express mucho amor for her. I would also add Tristan Rodgers to this list, he and JW light up every scene together.

-Eileen -- love her, she can do no wrong in my eyes.

-Yeah, Peter brings it ESPECIALLY in Abbott/Jabot scenes. But sometimes he has ticks that grate (for me).

-Tricia = superlative.

-I would also add that Doug Davidson is a standout whenever he is featured.

-Bryton -- a revelation. And Tatiana Ali needs to be ON CONTRACT and IN STORY.

-I am constantly impressed by Marcy Rylan. She needs more to do. In fact, Abby should be to this show what Victoria was back in the 90s.

-Jeanne, eh. Sometimes she has a touch of Stafford about her and sleepwalks into scenes where Granny Chancellor is wagging her finger and lecturing the denizens of GC on their morals (conveniently omiting the most egregious transgressors -- Kevin, Chloe, VICTOR, I'm looking at you).

I disagree with you about Tucker, even though Stephen Nichols has more than proved his talent on Days and GH. This character is DOA. It doesn't know whether it is coming or going. Some rocker/salt-of-the-earth/ruthless tycoon/womanizer WTF? I don't know how to characterize Tucker and neither do the "writers." And consequently, poor SN is fucked.

When talking about the "black" SL, I am only thinking of two characters, Devon and Neil. The rest can hightail it out of town for all I care. JPM is not that bad but she is 100% tied to the mega miscast that is NuMalcolm. As a result she needs to go. Victoria Rowell needs to come back (that goes without saying), I don't care if Stafford and Bergman have a hissy fit and go on strike. Besides, don't you think Rowell would JUMP at the chance to put in her very best work opposite her friend Debbi Morgan? Oh, I do. BRING IT, Drucilla. And bring Olivia with you.

I can fan-fic on these threads til the end of days, but the fact is that the current Y&R HWing regime is hindered by (1) their powerful pet actors they prop unreservedly; and (2) the fact that they have no imagination.

Jessica Collins is awesome. End of.

P.S.: I miss Maura, too. I know lots of people were saying she was miscast and TPTB clearly resented Barbara Bloom bringing her to the show, but I thought she was phenomenal. Given that Phyllis has become Sexy Saint Phyllis, Maura's Diane should have been positioned as the town vixen, perhaps marrying CHANCE in order to get the Chancellor money while still pining over Nick (to a certain extent -- not enough to slow her progress, though) and having feelings for sweet-natured Chance who married her when she was kicked to the curb by everybody and worried about surviving day-to-day.

P.P.S.: I also love Chance as played by Driscoll. A true-blue, kind-hearted hero in the Ryan Harrison (of AW) mold.

• Members

Well, just when I'm ready to go to bed, in walks my CAT into the thread! Since I rarely have access to a computer of late or time for this site, I must dish a little.

-- Yes, Julia Pace Mitchell sucks that much. Reveal her as Lily's real mother because she walks around town like a deer in the headlights in every situation Sofia is put in and end it already. Yes, she's hindered by the fact that this Malcolm is a doof and Neil is now the hot brother. Can somebody PLEASE free up the money for Boris Kodjoe and bring him on as Malcolm in 6 damn months and watch your ratings skyrocket? It doesn't take a genius to see they messed up Malcolm. He's about as exciting as a sopping wet mop and looks like one. Build up NuNate some, re-establish Olivia, mix in Yolonda with Neil and POW! Bring back Fudgsicle Malcolm or whatever that scene was where Jill drooled over Shemar Moore and dump the Ice Cream Sandwich.

Boris Kodjoe-level looks and acting. Anything less (Marcus Patrick) WON'T DO!

I won't even bother to fantasize about Drucilla because GOD FORBID a BLACK actress trash the show's (previous) regime to the press. Only MTS and Old Lady Cooper are allowed, lady-wise.

--It just killsya that just when Maura starts to hit her stride as Diane and rock the role, they decide to kill her off?!? There was SO MUCH POTENTIAL! You had the best actress in daytime playing a character who has MAJOR history with your heavy hitters (step aside Phyllis, I'm talking about ASHLEY AND NIKKI!) Yes, she made a mistake not watching previous Diane Alex Donnely (goddess) but give the woman 6 months! She doesn't have those 2 Emmys for nothing (she beat your precious Stafford for them both times, after all wink.png )

-Jessica Collins and Avery are the best thing to happen to this show in...in....God, I don't even know when. This character and actress are genius and as of right now, are well above writer F Ups. She's that good and rocks that hard in the part. She is wiping the floor with the entire cast as she ignores the fact that they give nothing for her to work with and gives them everything to work against. She's a marvel and Stafford's worst nightmare and UH-OH! The fans LOVE her already. Team Avery til the End! I even LIKE that she's Phyliss's sister because she makes Phyliss look like the unstable, psychotic, beast of a woman she truly is without even really having to try. Look out Y&R, this one's a winner and she's Sheffer and Hamner- Proof! FINALLY, someone on my screen who excites me and looks like they really want to be there! LORD, give her scenes with Jill, Nina, and Ashley! PLEASE!

-I'm a Davidson hater from way back but BOY do I LOVE AND APPRECIATE what she does on Y&R. One wrong that I'm glad they righted from LML, though they mucked it up for the first year and a half. I like her rapport with Tucker. I like their chemistry. I like how it seemed that Ashley knew Tucker was just getting a rise out of Jack even though it wasn't written that way. I appreciate that ED and SN know the writing is crap so they just play it how they want to and it F-ING works! You don't honestly think this regime meant for Tucker & Ashley to stick, do you?

-I find this Cain crap mildly amusing because I love when Chance shows up because it means Nina will be on soon and I hate Ronin so I'll take Chance over him any day. And with ER leaving, I'm interested to see where they go with him. He's not related to Abby in any way, is he? I think both characters could grow and work in that pairing if given the chance (pun unintentionally funny, much like half the show)

-I'm glad people mean Devon by "black storyline" but it seems many are talking about this Malcolm/Sofia/Neil mess where everything ingredient is just wrong and stupid, even Olivia's disingenuous position. Crap, crap, crap.

--I hate Kay and Cooper so I like when they play her for the sanctimonious F-ed up Bitch that she is. Jill didn't start hating this woman overnight and without good reason, as this regime would have you believe. Years and years of her relentless pursuit of ruining Jill's life is more like it.

--Is Sharon really still in jail over this Skye sh!t! For pete's sake, let the woman OUT!

--This show doesn't know what to do with Adam. They tease him with Heather and dump ER! Unless....dare I hope.....and dmarex, would you come back for.......the Return of.......VAIL BLOOM??!? (betcha would)......Now put that Heather against Avery in courtroom and I'll enjoy the hell out of it!

---Does anyone else want Avery to trick Nick into coming to her hotel room to find her naked covered in video games and controllers and him ripping his shirt off, jumping in, doing the hell out of her, while she streams it on the Restless Style webpage? (Now there's a sick fantasy you can rip off and we'll eat it up Mr. Sheffer) MAKE IT HAPPEN SHEFFER!! Some people in the audience are sick and perverse enough that we'll eat the hell out of that climax and all of Phyllis's weapons working against her! PLEASE- TRY AND RUIN AVERY WITH THIS SCENE! I'd SCREAM!! wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

--Take from me this:

Julia Pace Mitchell= Not Worth the Trouble.

Stephen Nichols and Tucker= At least he's AWAKE when he's on (Victor/Victoria)

Avery Rocks!!!

And yes, I really do want her to do it with Nick. Badly. Repeatedly. And wipe the floor with her C you next tuesday-y sister. I know you're setting it up- why wait>? This is Nick. He serves to bang women. So just let him bang her now. Please. And yes, if Pac Man is involved and Avery blogs about it, I won't mind. At all.

Boris Kodjoe= The ONLY OPTION FOR MALCOLM. Dump Genie Francis.

Eileen Davidson, Jess Walton= Should NEVER be F-ED with on this show.

Why can't Maura and Diane be alive since everyone else turns out to be? As IF my DIANE JENKINS would be caught DEAD in that dress.

Keep Kay a psycho. It's who she is.

Thank you for letting Jill outsmart Colin. We long-time fans know of her ways of smelling out and besting a rat. (Bring back Chris Douglas's Sean please. Her best, most ruined match EVER)

You made Devon RELEVANT by making him related to Tucker, who most of this message board detests. Why, I don't know, because I love the hell out of him, get what Nichols is trying to do, and like the hell out of him with Ashley. And Abby Carlton can't POSSIBLY be a good judge of character. Not like her mother.

The Abbotts own Jabot. I CRIED! Thank GOD! Traci visit soon?

Billy and the Trailer and Victor and the Lame Jail and Kevin and Michael and blah blah blah blah blah. Just end it and let him grow a pair and visit his f.ucking daughter in the f.ucking hospital and see his sleepy wife if he wants to. I mean, really. We're supposed to see this weak as$hole as some kind of hero?

And, that's about it. Just work the Avery. She's your best and most valuable weapon at the moment.

• Members

*hightails it to the 'Free Botox for Aging TV Actresses' money-raising event in Beverly Hills, corners Maria Arena Bell and slaps her across the chops with Juniorz's post*

Great post, honey. Sorry to keep you from your sleep!

• Members

I just wanted to comment on the Tucker hate or dislike. I actually myself don't hate the character but having watched Stephen Nichols work magic on Days as Steve and on GH as Stefan, roles where his charisma just oozed off on screen, Tucker is just blah to me. I know much of its writing and likely the climate at Y&R these days, but he's just flat to me. I don't think his acting is bad like a Julia Pace Mitchell, its the character thats sort of been boxed into a corner and had the life sucked out of him. I think he and ED are perfectly fine together but they don't ooze anything special for me but then no couple on Y&R does these days I guess.

And I feel some of the same about Jack Abbott these days. Bergman and Nichols are probably 2 of my fave soap actors and to me PB has sort of adjusted to the climate at Y&R and is just less something on screen. I can't even explain it. Its probably because his character has been beaten down for so long and this stuff with Genevieve doesn't help him at all.

Maura West never fit and its not her fault. The writing was awful and her screen partners gave her nothing to work opposite of. Christian LeBlanc was really the only one she gelled with because he showed up in scenes with her unlike the others. Shes better off away from Y&R and that toxic climate.

• Members

Jack has been emasculated so many times and there's nothing left of him. The Abbotts are done as a family, and Bergman has had little to no chemistry with his love interests in quite some time - the Sharon stuff really killed him.

LML was wrong about a lot of things but her dismantling the Abbotts I can't disagree with, aside from killing John.

• Members

Between this, rehashing my Julia-the-rapist hate in the supercouple thread and the DVD collection coming out....this has been the best. week. ever. that I've had in a long time.

Except even I don't want Maura back in this mess. I'd rather have her on some rotten Disney-channel crap than this show.

• Members

Maybe so, but when you're raising a family of 80 and you're nowhere to be found on daytime and are the only true grit actress left and your 20 some odd years of reels can't even get you a guest spot on "The Mentalist," then no, sorry, call me selfish, but I'd much rather watch her act circles around the asshats on Y&R merely by thinking than having to think of her sitting at home and watching "frenemy" Michelle Stafford stink up the screen with the same old schtick she's been doing for about 11 years now. And schtick it is when Jessica Collins waltzes on and has stolen the show from you in 2 months. Good luck gettin that bitch fired. She comes cheap and we already LOVE HER TO DEATH. Suck on that.

Does anyone remember that when Stafford debuted she was actually- gulp!- unique?

Anyway, there's no place for her on DAYS, B&B, and I couldn't bare it if she was sent to GH, so I'll gladly have her suffer the as$holes at Y&R if only to collect a paycheck and provide for her steed of a family.

It disgusts me that the Mae West of daytime is sitting at home.....watching............................DAYTIME!!!

YIKES!

• Members

Oh please. Maura West I think has the mental strength and professionalism to suffer the morons at Y&R if she has to. I don't give a sh!t. There's 4 soaps, I want her on one, and she'd stick out like a sore thumb on the others. And on GH......GOD HELP US ALL!~

• Members

Very strange ending on Y&R today. So they had to paint Cane as the hero and here we go with Cane and Lily again. And Ronan and Chance are signatures Hogan creations. This Diane murder mystery plot has to be one of the worst in Y&R's history along with that lame black storyline of WTD, Jill and Kay, and Cassie dying.

I will say I will watch to see what happends. Who was that dead body at the end and what did that tat represent? I'm lost.

• Members

Ugh, we got a Cane-love fest today with Lame apparently reunited wacko.png Sigh I miss those summer scenes when Daniel and Lily were having that no strings sex affair, I actually appreciated that.

Tristan Rogers should have been cast as Tucker. We'll never get the Jill/Colin/Nikki triangle I had hoped for so much. sad.png

The person at the end is Genevieve's housekeeper and I don't think she is dead

, meaning that the whole Diane murder mystery is about to get even worse.

Archived