Y&R: Discussion for the Month of October

• Members

Who is this Eden girl? Pretty good Actress, but what an incredibly dull, boring character. Like I seriously lulled out watching her. Obvious they might do something with her & Ricardo after they ran into each other on Monday like that. To bad because I was getting some gay vibes from him, lol. And I'd rather see Paul & Isabella's son with someone with more life in them. Maybe she does & I just haven't seen it yet!

Sophia oughta be ashamed for putting on that outfit...lol embarrassing she's going into labor with that on. And the acting from her & Malcolm is really cringe worthy to me right now. I am actually dreading the delivery scenes ph34r.png LOL I'm sure they'll be intense. I'm hoping Neil will turn out to be the dad.

Marcy Rylan rocks as Abby Newman, loved when she was ripping into Tucker!

I get some fatal attraction vibes from Avery but I hope that's not the case. I actually really like her & Nick. Go away Phyllis...

I cannot wait for the Devon/Harmony scenes!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THey should be happy I am still watching to some extent. Apathy means people lose interest. I am close as close can be with apathy over Y&R. I don't watch everyday anymore. Maybe if this show got back to writing strong stories over letting men run roughshot over women all over canvas people might tune in again. Y&R has never been a couples show or male driven dreck like the ABC soaps are.

• Members

Eden is Michael's half-sister; they first met around 2008 or 2009, when he reunited with his biological father. This is the third Eden. She has always been a pointless character. There were all kinds of wild rumors about why she was so depressed and dull this time around,

, but none of that has materialized.

• Members

Yeah..... I had to just walk away from GL and my relationship with that show started while it was still on radio and I listened to it with my Grandmother. Had to walkaway from AMC while Charlie Pratt was destroying it, but, came running back once he was gone. Don't know if I could ever bring myself to completely walk away from Y&R, but, strongly considered it during LML's reign. There are times, still, when I just hafta scratch my head and say "What the.........?"

• Members

I am going to give some credit to Y&R -- bringing Bryton front-and-center in this story was just about the best move the showR has made in the past 8 years. The guy is a revelation. And what has happened to Devon has become an umbrella SL encompassing Neil (KSJ shone last Thursday and Friday), Abby (Marcy Rylan always steps up but this time there is a lot more shading and sweetness in her portrayal now), Kay (finally exposed as the vengeful, manipulative woman that she has always been), Tucker (couldn't care less but ok, whatever, Stephen Nicholls is working the material), Ashley (briefly), etc.

Today's scenes between Bryton and Debbi Morgan feel so right, I can't explain it. Yes, she's still Angie to me but I don't consider that a hindrance. Far from it.

Swear to God, if Sony and Y&R could just surprise me and bring Victoria Rowell back so we could see both Devon's mothers go toe-to-toe, it would be their best move in a long, long time.

• Members

You know whats interesting. I feel like Bryton and Marcy Rylan are the 2 carrying this story with KSJ a close second.This is the one and only interesting story on this show now and the entire Katherine/Tucker rivalry was dull as dirt until this element and Bryton got incorporated into the story and since its been pretty good for the most part. Debbie has been good but I am going to reserve judgement until I see more knowing how well this show tends to waste good talent.

I'll always wonder if MArcy Rylan could have actually maked me actually like the Lulu character on GH because I always find her very engaging and likable on screen.

• Members

I remember posting that spoiler but you know it seems that Eden and Noah are only on like once a month just like they were before so there really is no development at all. All we got were those weird scenes of Noah saying how sorry he was and how they were both keeping secrets from that girl Hunter (is she still even on?) but it seems like a dropped thread now.

• Members

Lol at Sophia saying she hopes her labor doesn't last as long her mothers did when she had her. I think she said 8 or 9 hours. LOL. Well it ended up being a grand total of what, like 34 seconds? laugh.png I wish on soaps just once we could see a long, drawn out labor like usual - it could be fun LOL.

Moses is a nice name for the baby!! Now who is his dad? ;-).

Devon & Harmony's first scenes were really good! Why was Abby so calm when she met her? I was expecting her to raise more hell on her than she did with Tucker but she surprisingly didn't. She must really despise Tucker

But I just love Abby! I love her & Devon's close friendship! It was funny when she realized her & Devon are step-sister and brother.

• Members

Lol well I don't hate Sophia, just from what I've seen she wears hideous outfits and JPM has not been doing so great in the acting department so my first impressions aren't to good but maybe they'll change ;-).

From what I've seen since I've started watching again, they seem pretty close as friends & Abby has really been there for him & on his defense.

Archived