GH: Discussion for the Month of October

• Members

I don't even think she's all that pretty. I don't think she's unattractive... but I find her looks to be common, and her personality or lack of charisma does nothing to make up for that. I don't think Kirsten Storms and her round face is all that "pretty" either, but she has the charisma and appeal to sell sex. When a drugged up Lucky envisioned Maxie in that slutty outfit, Storms owned it. I believed it. "Oh, there goes Slutty Maxie circa 2006." When Lulu had to work in the brothel -- I'm sorry -- WHOREHOUSE (the script writers LOVED that word for some reason), JMB just didn't sell it. She looked laughable.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually thought JMB lightened up a lot in the few scenes she had with Jason Cook who I don't find at all interesting but something about them together just sparked. JMB is pretty but there are thousands of pretty soap actresses out there I just think she's terribly miscast as a heroine and romantic lead. She has limited charisma and doesn't do the little things, the longing looks, the touches, the softness that comes with being a romantic heroine. She's a very cold actress and that actually probably fits on the GH of today.

• Members

It was there with Ethan, to be sure. But it's also been there with Dominic (not Dante, interestingly enough) and with Johnny in the early days. She also had some serious energy with Matt, and some cute energy with Spinelli. She does light and airy much better then melodramatic, so when her relationships start getting heavy, she just doesn't seem to be able to carry the burden.

I think the real problem is she's just an actor with average chemistry, and if she was on any other show that might not be an issue. Unfortunately she's surrounded by some of the most amazing chemistry heavy-hitters in the business and can't help but be compared.

• Members

The Dante re-write kills any dramatic conflict Sonny had about being a father which was something the show built upon for nearly a decade. We had to sit through endless scenes of Sonny crying because he believed God was punishing him by not giving him a biological legacy. That was the reason Morgan was so beloved and important to him, because he represented that even though Sonny was a no good mob criminal he could be happy and he could have good things happen to him. Dante being alive completely destroyed that because the whole time he was agonizing about not having children he had a biological kid by Olivia bouncing off the streets in Brooklyn. Yeah it was ridiculous and completely diminished Morgan's symbolic meaning to Sonny and the value of the story was completely tarnished by Dante's mere existence. If they re-wrote Dante why not just continue onward. Given your logic Sonny must have tens of kids running around in Brooklyn, why stop at one?

I actually really liked her story with Dillion, that was by far the best storyline to me. Although I do think Lulu and Johnny are her best pairing. Lante is just bad for all involved. I don't think Lulu has ever been more boring then when she was with him.

This. I don't think JMB is a romantic actress. However I don't understand the argument that just because she doesn't work as a love interest means she hold no value to the show. JMB when she is on is one of GH's stronger younger actresses. If they made her a dramatic lead of some sort and gave her a real heavy storyline not just a circular search for Luke that was never going to amount to anything any way I think she could be utilized in the right way. The show at this point just doesn't know what to do with her and that's the problem. She had really good stories till they paired her up with Dante then she went down hill.

• Members

The problem IMO is lack of warmth with any scene partners, not just with leading men. She has been so cold - for years - in her scenes with Lucky, and her relationship with Luke is built on dysfunction, with no shading. It's nice that she has more of a vulnerability with Tracy, but not everyone on this show can do what Jane Elliot does.

• Members

Morgan important to Sonny? THis is a show that has pimped and prodded Michael as the second coming since his inception. I don't know why they gave Sonny and CArly a bio kid other that to say they have one because that child aside from his birth and the circumstances surrounding that has never been important in terms of Sonny, Carly, Jason whoever. ANd it wasn't Dante's existance that made Morgan irrelevant he was never relevant to begin with.

• Members

Well you've already touched on all the reasons Morgan was important. There was a whole storyline where Carly was locked in a panic room because Ric went psycho and was trying to kidnap him to give Liz and him a child. Then of course there was the episode where Sonny shot Alcazar and Carly and put her in a coma while she was giving birth to Morgan. Morgan's birth, conception, gestation was an entire ordeal and was very important to the writers at that time. No less so then Michael's. I would say Morgan when he was a child was given just as much attention and was given his own centric storyline just like Micheal was. The only reason Micheal is more important now is because they have a 20 year old in the role. He is a "teen" and they are going to use him to move the GH generation forward. Just like they did with Lulu.

Children all have their "dormant" periods on the show. This is no different. I am sure once Morgan returns from military school he will have a role on GH too. I just think they made a mistake by creating Dante and shoe-horning him into the show.

• Members

Man this show stinks. Today I officially took it off my DVR schedule. Im not even going to bother to watch the backlog of episodes I have saved up and will instead delete them. I dont know how you guys can do it bc Im finding it beyound boring and a complete waste of time. I'll try YT if I hear something good happens but theres not a single story I enjoy. Nothings grabbing me in the slightest

• Members

And before pregnancy, during it, and certainly after it how often was MOrgan spoken of, THis show has been Michael, Michael, Michael for years. If Morgan is so important where are all the storylines for this character while Michael from childhood to where he is now has gotten continual storylines aside from his 1 year in a coma where guess what we never saw Morgan he was that important, it was all the pain Michael being in a coma caused. Morgan isn't even Sonny's kid anymore. He's so important to Sonny and Carly they wrote having Jax adopt him. He has been Morgan Jacks for at least 3 years now

• Members

Micheal didn't really have that many storylines when he was younger.

He had his birth which consisted of the custody fight between Carly and AJ, He had the kidnapping with Faith along with Kristina and Morgan, He then had the coma.

There wasn't that much material for young Micheal to play. Morgan has had a calmer life at this point but he has been involved in storylines. He was apart of Carly and Jax's marriage, apart of the custody fight with Carly and Sonny where she banned him from Morgan's life, he had the circumstances surrounding his birth and he also had to deal with the divorce of Jax and Carly. I would say they are about even. Micheal seems to be more visible because he was introduced and used heavily in the mob storylines. Morgan has been more prominent in Carly's life then in the mob world.

• Members

Michael has been a focus of Jasons for years and was the cause of everything that happened between Jason, Carly, Sonny and AJ and then Carly, Jason and SOnny for years. THe fact is Morgan is not important to this show because the show doesn't see him that way. Dylan Cash never hurt for screentime. Michael has been and still is the source for all the drama. Morgan has been a non entity whether you see it or not. Dantes arrival on canvas didn;t change a thing.

Archived