GH: Discussion for the Month of October

• Members

Usually newlyweds on their honeymoon is fun or should be but JaSam as usual put me to sleep.

I'm not feeling NuKate at all or Skate 2.0. I hated all that Bensonhurst memory lane crap the first time but its even worse now cuz I see no chemistry and they don't look good together. And besides, Skate got undercut when Guza started pushing Solivia as the ones who were in love back in the day so to try to resell Skate again after all that is crap.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow….. you know it's a pretty sad day on GH when Carly, of all people, is in the only scenes worth watching. Or maybe it's just the dynamic with Shawn.

Michael's face was hilarious - yes Mikey, your mother is a slut and we all know it.

• Members

I know they're setting up this asthma thing as a possible foil for Dante's lung situation, but...

Am I the only one (well, the only one of the few of us that are watching) that was waiting for ShrewLu to flip out when she said "I never knew that" when Olivia told her about Dante's childhood asthma?

Olivia: "I remember when Dante was in the hospital as a child for his asthma and --"

Lulu: "Dante had asthma? I never knew that!"

Olivia: "Yeah, when he was a little boy. Anyway, he --"

Lulu: "No, wait! How could he not tell me that?!"

Olivia: "Lulu, it was really nothing. But back to the story..."

Lulu: "How could he do this to me again?! More lies and secrets?! I can't do this!"

Olivia: "Lulu, honey --"

Lulu: "NO! I can't trust him. When he wakes up from having a blood transfusion and a bullet as well as a piece of his lung removed, tell him I said forget it. I can't do this. It's over!"

Cut to three weeks of Dante rolling around Port Charles in a wheelchair with an iron lung, pleading Lulu to take him back, and she's all: "You don't understand how important trust is to meeeeeee!"

• Members

Jason and Sam are so horrible and depressing, suicide attempts might actually rise if shown to disturbed people. This is no surprise though, Steve Burton plays an unemotional robot who never is enthusiastic about anything, and Kelly Monaco is incapable of playing anything other than depressed, melancholy and subdued which leads to her whispering line delivery. That love scene they had this week was a joke. They were acting like this was their first time and were proceeding nervously. This seems to be more Kelly Monaco than Steve Burton because a survey of her every love scene will show she always seems to play Sam as on the brink of killing herself after sex with these gloomy faces one expects to see at a funeral.

• Members

I won't get into the deeeeeeep and loooooooooooong discussion about Lulu's ruination (whether it was the writing or the actress), but I will say that Dante's been done a HUGE disservice by being chained to Lulu for his entire existence on GH. Seeing Dante with an actual sexy woman -- whether it be from his past or present -- would work WONDERS for the rut that the Dante character's in. Seriously! How many times can we see Dante chasing after Lulu, apologizing to that smug bitch for not telling her things that are of no consequence to their relationship?

• Members

Lulu was ruined way before Dante. In fact I have never cared for this baby killer.

I actually loved Lulu and Dante for like 2 months. Then Dante covered up Sonny shooting him and I never saw him the same way again. That totally ruined his character for me.

• Members

What confuses me most with this "How can people lie to me???" story is it coming on the heels of Lulu leaving everyone behind to go find the great truth about Luke, ending in a poor woman being murdered for trying to help her. Wouldn't this make Lulu pause, for a moment, about the idea that she must always be at the center of a truth?

• Members

LMAO at Alice and Tracy!

Damn this new cop is getting a little annoying. Seriously just standing there until Dante wakes up the night after being shot and having a big surgery?

Wow Matt is such an ass.

Could only watch half due to a special report taking over the last half hour. Will finish watching tonight.

• Members

Dante's rut isn't Lulu, Dante's rut is Sonny. Prior to having to prop the over-propped, Dante-as-Dominic was funny, smart, driven, knew right from wrong and had a wonderful manner about him. Lulu was part of that too and it didn't effect him at all. As soon as Sonny shot him and he became officially "Dante", the character started to fail.

Dante is just one more victim of Sonny's storylines. And the list of those victims seems endless. If anything Lulu - by extension - has had to be changed so she can also justify Sonny.

• Members

For me the problem is that the show took the Spencers to a very ugly place and they don't seem to be interested in exploring that. I don't know how you can go back from what went on with the family during Jake's death, and the aftermath.

Archived