September 19-23, 2011

Toups

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You go AMC with yo bad self! LOL!

Amazing numbers for the whole week and that 2.6 on Friday with the 3.5 million viewers was like a throwback number.

AMC went out with a huge bang compared to the rest of the recent canceled soaps. Hopefully this will be great momentum for its return in January.

This makes The Chew's falling ratings this week look even worse. The timeslot went from 2.6 all the way down to 1.8, way to go ABC for killing the slot.

• Members

Thanks! Looks like ABC did benefit from AMC's ratings, though all soaps did alright (I was hoping OLTL would beat B&B...) Ont he AMC day to day, it's too bad that more people watched the so/so Kane day on Tuesday than the FAR better Hubbards on Monday and Martins on Wednesday--but a lot tuned into the penultimate episode as well.

I'm nearly certain it was before.

• Members

Since ABC is gung ho about making snap ratings judgments based on single episodes, will they put out something letting people know that...that food program lost a million viewers from AMC's finale?

Remember what I said. AMC is the gangsta chick who kicks the back window out of the police car. We'll see in January if OLTL is gonna man up or cry on the backseat.

• Members

Way to go AMC! I'm so glad they went out with a bang. And OLTL continues to sustain it's ratings!

Oh, poor, poor GH. Even an over-hyped, promoted and pimped wedding of their leading man can't being in the numbers. OLTL beat them by nearly 300,000 viewers on the day of the wedding.

I think it's time to make some changes, GH. Or just close up shop already.

• Members

As much as I love the analogy (and you) I'm not sure that's fair. PP is supposedly much more involved with OLTL's finale than they were AMC's so while AMC might be the gangsta chick who kicks the window out of the police car, OLTL might end up being the poor Russian girl who got sold into prostitution to pay off her uncle's gambling debts so now she's servicing strangers in a back of bar.

• Members

LOL I found AMS' analogy hard enough to grasp, but you completely lost me! Though I still loved reading that...

OLTL definitely will benefit from the online edition coming (we assume) immediately after. If this means they'll get even less of a "finale" than AMC and merely a big cliffhanger or something, I don't know. On the other hand, and I think everyone can admit this, OLTL will probably not get nearly the same publicity as AMC, both due to name (and yes Susan Lucci/Erica plays a huge part there), as well as media ennui what with AMC just being canceled four months previously.

Archived