Y&R: Casting call-possible recast???

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-casting-news-0

Y&R is actively looking for an actress to fill the contract role of a character in her mid-20s, who is described as "quick witted and high spirited" with "a lot of heart". The casting call further explained that "while she is self assured, she is unaware of the dynamite affect she has on men." The role begins taping next month. Insiders speculate this could be a recast for Heather, which was formerly played by Eden Riegel and Vail Bloom.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm at a loss as to why viewers think Vail Bloom is so awesome in the role when Heather was always such a dead and insignificant character in the best of times.

This comment makes me think that this was one of the roles Alicia was offered but turned down. I could totally see Y&R and Days offering her something.

• Members

Vail Bloom got better with time and had a lot of chemistry with Chris Engen. She also had some zest on a show full of shockingly asexual women in that age range.

I see no point in recasting Heather. The character is, as with all characters under this regime, totally worthless.

Archived