Y&R: Casting call-possible recast???

• Members

Vail had chemistry with everybody and she looked and felt like a Bell actress. It's a very specific type of actor that works on these shows which is why they often went unknown with recasts or extremely AGAINST type (Peter Bergman). Vail Bloom reminded me of Lauralee Bell and Brenda Epperson and Eileen Davidson and just fit. She also looked so much like the woman who played her mother. She had romantic chemistry with the guys, played well off women and was fire with Doug Davidson. Her biggest problem was them having her as an ADA which she felt too young for. I liked her best as just a lawyer or when she worked for Jabot.

Maybe she wasn't the best, but she grew and she had all the right elements. Reminds me of an early Chrishell Strause AMC episode that aired during the SOAPnet marathon. I had no idea she was so bad back then, but you could see the potential.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alicia Menshew is 38 years old. I don't see her playing someone mid 20's

It would be great if it was for Chloe. IA this show has some of the most asexual actresses in that agegroup. Chloe, Lily, even going back to Mackenzie. Y&R seems to be anti sex appeal in terms of casting these days.

• Members

Women who exist solely as a man's object aren't all that sexy IMO. Adam's belt buckle got more fan attention than Sharon ever did in that relationship, and let's not even get into the bizarre attempts at sexytimes with Phyllis. Who can forget the heat of getting d*cked on a dumpster.

• Members

I'm not sure any version of Mackenzie had sex appeal. Maybe Freddy Kruger but not really.

And I thought Lauren Woodland was a dead, cold fish. God, my Brittany hate is flaring up again.

Davetta though, she was sexy as hell. Just like her momma. Ugh, I miss her.

• Members

AshBash's Mackenzie had sex appeal (especially during her second run).

The Other Mackenzie's not so much.

You still hate Brittany? Some things will never change. lol

Adrianne & Davetta's Colleen & Lily were sexual young women without being sex objects.

A rarity in Daytime.

• Members

I never saw it. But then again I always felt that Y&R always had incredibly cold and and draconian like characters. The blood has always seemed blue and cold whenever I tune into Y&R. In general the characters are all either so incredibly plain or they are deceitful pricks out to get ahead by any means necessary. The problem I felt with Heather is that she was of no consequence. I saw no inner life within the character and I had no clue what she wanted. She was a day player who was used as a plot device whenever anyone was in legal trouble and unlike LeBlanc and Hennesy from GH who were in similarly confined roles I never felt Bloom enthused the written in the corner character with any depth or interest. She never even seemed to be a real character. She only existed when someone was in court.

Yeah you lost me there. Chrishell is a horrible actress of all varieties.

Archived