Who is the first recast you remember?

• Members

I started watching DAYS right when Peter Reckell returned (Marlena freed from the devil! Hope opens the puzzlebox! Sami crashes Carrie & Austin's wedding!) so I missed out on RKK by about a week.

First recast I witnessed was Stephanie Cameron taking over Melissa Reeves as Jenn in December 1995. I remember being confused as to why they would replace her with a brunette, but then discovered that Jack & Jenn were disguised undercover at the Blue Note (Jude St. Clair's nightclub) right when Cameron took over. I instantly thought that she's a pale comparison to the original.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember those but for me, I think the earliest one I took note of was Roscoe Born replacing Richard Muenz on RH, because I hated the recast so much. To this day, I still don't care to watch RB on screen. (Didn't help that his character of Mitch on OLTL literally turned me off that show several times). OTOH, I loved Cassie # 2 Ava Haddad.

IIRC, the recast Frisco was Kevin Bernhardt, whom they later brought back to play psycho-killer Kevin O'Connor, Lucy Coe's first onscreen boyfriend.

Oh, I think the earliest recast/temporary for me on OLTL was when Erika Slezak went on maternity leave and was replaced with Christine Jones.

• Members

They found gold as far as Eddie Cibrian goes... with the hotness level and everything, they exploited that as much as they could lol.

No, Caitlin wasn't recast early; she was there for a year and a half before being recast. Maybe you're thinking of another young actress on that show - Adrienne Frantz who left the show after a few months and was replaced with a failure of an actress.

• Members

I just remembered my first one, it was the replacement for Erin Torpey when she got mono (the temporary recast played the key scenes where Jessica got drunk and slept with Will which resulted in her pregnancy with Megan). I can't believe I remember that it was mono lol. I recall reading somewhere that this was JFP's attempt to age Jessica but it didn't stick because ET was extremely popular with the audience.

• Members

These posts are really making me feel old at the age of 39 lol. The earliest recasts that stand out for me are from Guiding Light-Peter Simon replaced Mart Hulswit as Ed, Jennifer Cooke replaced Kristen Vigard as Morgan, and Christopher Mercante (think I spelled it right) replaced Kevin Bacon as Tim. These stand out as these switches came in 1981 I think, I loved the actors who left (Hulswit & Vigard were fired, not sure about Bacon), and I didn't read soap mags back then and didn't know these changes were coming. To me, the biggest mistake was Cooke, as Morgan just wasn't Morgan anymore. That didn't hurt me as much as Simon as Mart was my Ed. I didn't realize how much I grew to like Simon until he replaced his own replacement Richard Van Vleet in 1986. Loved him by time he left again in 1996. So glad he was the one who got the happy ending with Maureen Garrett's Holly.

• Members

She carried on about that damn compact for months! My friend showed me a YouTube clip a few months back that was literally KA's Billie standing on the pier, caressing the compact and muttering, "Hope can butter me up all she wants... BUT SHE'LL NEVER GET HER HANDS ON THIS COMPACT!!!"

I started watching Days in the spring of 1997, so the first recast I can remember was Mark Valley to Steve Wilder as Jack Deveraux, in the infamous prison shower switch-off.

Archived