Who is the first recast you remember?

• Members

Rebecca Budig to Bethany Joy Lenz as Michelle Bauer on GL.

And, what's funny is the first ABC recast I remember (when I first started watching in 07) was Sabine Singh to Rebecca Budig. Though not a typical 'recast' just original actress back.

The first ABC recast I remember was Nathaniel Marston to Chris Stack as Michael McBain on OLTL. (Cause Marston hit a dude)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember the conversation came up because some of the actors in a showcase she was directing were screwing us up thanks to their nightly habits... She didn't say what kind of partying Gibson was doing, but that it was so hard and she got so caught up in it, that she wasn't able to handle her work.

I don't think she's done anything since... Pretty sure she wasn't the same person on Amazing Race, but then again, I've never seen it.

• Members

The first recast I remember is when DENNY ALBEE replaced ROBERT BURTON in the role of Dr Peter Janssen in OLTL. It happened in November 1980....but I could watch it at the end of 1986, when those episodes where broadcast in my country... At that moment, I was really puzzled....and I didn't know what a soap opera is.....

• Members

Emma Samms for Pamela Sue Martin -- Fallon (Dynasty).

Jed Allen for Charles Bateman -- CC Capwell (Santa Barbara).

Jess Walton for Brenda Dickson -- Jill (Y&R).

Peter Bergman for Terry Lester -- Jack (Y&R).

Lane Davies for Ronn Moss -- Temporary Ridge (B&B).

Damn. I am gittin old!

• Members

Being a child who only got to watch on holidays from school and the summer, I think (but am not entirely sure due to YouTube screwing up my memories) that Lina Rinna to Krista Allen as Billie Reed was my first recast. I think I remember Rinna's Billie leaving Bo for Paris or something and then the next time I saw Billie she was Krista Allen in that swamp story that introduced Greta. I remember Allen going on and on about some compact she had with the letter G on it, for Georgia. ... I'm sure you people know the story.

• Members

The first recasts I can distinctly remember are Liz Keifer being Blake on GL and Martha Bryne returning to ATWT. My first Days recast memory is Ariane Munker/Ariana Chase taking over the role of Kimberly. The first recasts I got upset over was Eleni on GL and Ashley(Sherri Shattuck of course) on Y&R.

I use the word distinctly as being that in those were first castings I really paid attention too.

Archived