Who is the first recast you remember?

• Members

What is the first recast you remember consciously noting? Either for a small or an important role.

I'm sure I must have noticed others but the first I really remember was Liz Keifer replacing Sherry Stringfield as Blake on GL. At the time I almost took it as a personal insult, because I was crazy about Sherry in the role.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When my mom was watching B&B, It was Jacob Young to Justin Torkildsen That was the first one i noticed but wasn't really watching.

My first noticeble recast was Kay on Passions, they got rid of the lovely Taylor Anne Mountz and had that awful 2 month replacement (till they got Deanna Wright) Gina Marie May come in.

• Members

hmm, Jody on EoN. I am pretty sure that was recast and I was thinking this is all wrong. Next probably came Cassie OLTL or maybe Cassie came first but that recast I didn't mind. Mike Roy I remember recast on AMC and not buying it, and then on GH there was the recast Frisco for a while when Frisco had black hair and that was very strange.

• Members

Ha, I was just talking about this in the AMC Tribute thread... the first recast I clearly remember, complete with on-air announcement, was Claire Beckman taking over from Rosalind Ingledew as Silver/Noelle on AMC.

I think the second would have to be Saundra Quartermain for Debbi Morgan as Angie. On second thought, I can't remember who came first, second, or third for that matter, but Elizabeth Savage for Christine Tudor and Celeste Holm for Augusta Dabney on Loving also come to mind. I didn't really get into OLTL or any other soap until about 1994.

• Members

I remember early while watching AMC when Galen came on screen and they had that recast announcement--but I admit I BARELY remembered there had been a different Galen (I have no clue how long she was on, as I had only been watching a few months then). COnsciously I remember the infamous Laurel recast from glamour blonde to mousy brunette, and Natalie's which was the first one that made me quite mad...

• Members

Yes, I remember Melody's first day with the bandages on her eyes in the hospital bed. I also remember FLF joining the show as Laurel, what a fuggin head scratcher that was. Galen is so fuzzy for me, I see the name and sometimes confuse her for the blon male character who was also on the show at that time, you know who I'm talking about? The one with Gloria? Not Craig, but...?

• Members

This may sound strange, but when Melody took over for Kate, it really felt in hindsight like Kate's Natalie was more European than she was intended to be. Melody seemed so... apple pie, or whatever. She was very pretty and had a sophisticated streak, but Kate, I think it was the voice in particular, seemed very continental in comparison.

Archived