Who is the first recast you remember?

• Members

I remember when SPW announced that she was going to be the new Jessica, and they made this sound permanent. Then some fan wrote in an angry letter about this, and they basically said, "Oops, sorry." At the time I was confused. Later of course we learned she really was supposed to be there permanently.

JFP destroyed so many characters - I wonder what she would have done to Jess if she could have. It finally took Erin Torpey leaving for the hatchets to come out.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a shot in the dark, but do you remember how someone wrote into SOD and was like, "I don't understand why Magdalena is being replaced as Jessica, I have watched her for years grow before my eyes and to see her replaced with Erin Torpey blah blah" and SOD answered like, "Uh, we don't know what show you've been watching, but it was Erin Torpey who has played Jessica all these years and returned to her role after Magdalena briefly replaced her..."

See, wow, that's scandalous, I didn't realize she was in fact meant to be permanent. I did hear the thing about ES threatening to quit (psshh, yeah, right) if ET (<<that's really funny when you think about it ph34r.png ) was fired, but I didn't realize they had actually made a move.

• Members

Dear SOD, I hope you'll settle a bet I have with my friend, a steak dinner is riding on this (!), but is Lila's dog Annabelle played by the same pooch who played Buck on Married With Children? I believe they are both Briards as my late aunt raised the breed. My friend says they are not the same dog as Annabelle's ears are perky, but I explained that that can be done with wires. Help! -KF Hyattsville, MD

Well pass the A-1 sauce... to your friend! And the bill to yourself, because no, while you are correct that they are both Briards, Annabelle is not the same dog as Buck who passed away shortly after MWC went off the air.

I really have to wonder how passionately ES stood behind ET, that would have been an interesting question for her archive interview or her newsletter for that matter. She's also said really *lovely* things about FF which has also made me... wonder.

• Members

The first recast I ever remember was Hillary Smith replacing Margaret Colin on ATWT. I was new to soaps and didn't think you could do such a thing! LOL I loved MC and swore I would never watch ATWT again. Although I hated Smith at first, she ironically became my all-time favorite Margo Hughes. I still remember the bitchy interplay between she and Colleen Zenk. Glorious!

Archived