AMC: Tuesday, September 13, 2011

• Members

SFK, and 6 months after SMG's Kendall came on and McTavish is giving Fall spoilers and announces this Fall we'll learn Kendall is a 24-year old, a 24 year old virgin. You could almost see her giving people he finger while she was saying it.

Today's episode, I was bored the first 20 minutes or so despite my utter and complete distaste for the Project Orpheus story. It was definitely a no-Project Orpheus allowed day except for the picture of Babe maybe.

The last half of the show definitely picked things up across the board for me. It became apparent it was one of the first of the goodbye episodes and I thought it was touching and effective. The introspective looks, the goodbyes, and that empty "The Future" list at the end. Loved JR and Shannon getting so much air-time today.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They finally give Liza a female friend and its 2 weeks before the show is over. She and Krystal getting so close did seem odd at first but I loved their scenes throughout the show. They actually do have quite a bit in common. Aunt Colby wasnt annoying today either and I liked her finally semi-making peace with her mother. I also enjoyed Tad coming at the end to take Krystal end. I know Im about the only Tad/Krystal fan but I love that they have been able to remain friends and stay in each other's lives despite not being together. I think Bobbie Eakes and MEK work well together and it shows

Also enjoyed the interactions between Kendall and Greenlee. They actually worked as friends here and werent that horrible Kenlee duo that they tend to be

I wish we had seen the direct fallout of the David stuff with him being arrested and the news spreading. It felt like an episode was missed here

Glad to see Natalia again. Man is her hair long. Its time for her to cut it.

Did they have to play the Lucky/Liz song at the end? I hate when I hear songs from other soaps on another. It makes hem lose their individuality

• Members

They interchange songs a lot between the 2 shows not OLTL so much.

And the Kendall/Greenlee scenes worked for once because I think we were watching Alicia and Rebecca not Kendall and Greenlee.

I like Tad and Krystal as friends I have never seen a spark of romantic chemistry with them ever but I do think they have a comfort and ease about their scenes, always have.

• Members

David is a doctor. He took an oath to do no harm. He took an oath to prevent pain and suffering and all that jazz. To say he doesn't have a moral responsibility as a doctor to not do what he did to Zach is ridiculous. I get that David has never been a by the books physician but that doesn't mean he has the right to go carte-blanche with life and death. David has been skeeving me out since he taunted Greenlee about Gillian and the added layer that he lied about Leo to purposely hurt Greenlee is another issue I have major problems with. A lot of the blatantly malicious statements he has been saying to people all around town and further taunting that their loved ones may be alive in his under ground lab or something is and always will be despicable. I was able to over look that because well he was healing people and saving their lives so to speak. But willingly letting Zach die? Willingly putting Kendell threw that? her children? friends and family? Yeah that over steps the bounds and is enough to cry foul. It's definitely a black spot on David's record.

I fail to see how JR is any better then Zach or Ryan in terms of characterization. They are all supposed to be diminished hero sub-types. I think it's sad that the only male protagonists on this show that are consistently rootable are Brot, Jake and some times Tad. Everyone else is so incredibly unlikable and abhorrent.

• Members

Sugar, you support a character who slept with her husband's brother her first night in town, changed the date of conception of her baby and when she found out she had the wrong baby, LIED DAILY to her "best friend" and kept the secret that her best friend's baby, who was believed dead, was actually alive being passed off as her own -- and then led the father of her real baby to believe he was dead as she kidnapped him. And then, all of that was excused as being done out of love. So, sorry... your opinion on compromised moral compasses is irrelevant. What David did to a man who has done worse is nothing irredeemable.

• Members

David is a villian I don;t even know why we are talking about a moral compass in relation to him. Or why anyone talks about his terrible actions like he should be making the right moral decisions or did David suddenly become someone other than that. He's not written grey he's a villian.Giving him some tender moments with Cara or showing some humanity with Angie on occassion doesn't change that. If you all choose to see him different your choice, Any subtlties to David certainly don't come from the writing its all the actor. The moral compass is to be provided by those people who this show sells as the moral compass and Angie and Jessie probably even with his latest action are about the only believable main characters I buy in that role maybe Tad and Ryan. Its why when others get pitted against him there is no clearcut person to root for for me, its all very ambiguous. Of course thats how I see it.

As for JR being a hero? ON his show? Tell me at one point in time AMC has sold JR as anything other than the downtrodden angry loser with his own ups and downs. Hes not Tad or Jessie or Jake and its ridiculous to me that hes even place in the same category as he is but I don't see him as black and white as David is either and no I am not going to get into specifics about action his character has and has not done to endorse my opinion which is just that an opinion.

• Members

But that's just it. David, in step with the other characters on the canvas, is no more a "villain" than Zach or Jesse or Jake or Tad or Krystal or Babe. David, just like the others, go to extreme measures to do what he feels is the right thing. This obnoxious belief, championed by his former biggest supporter Kylie (and others), that David crossed a line by willingly standing by and letting Zach's life be threatened -- when ZACH would and HAS done the same thing -- is absolutely INSANE! Who the hell is Zach that he can KILL people and yet expect others to value his life?

• Members

I don't care what Zach does and doesn't do. I don't like Zach. I think he's a bully and I don't find him charming or at all romantic. What bothers me about what David did, is that there has been absolutely no change in the character from day one until now. None. He didn't save Zach to save Zach. He didn't go to the site because he cared, he went there because Greenlee might be there. He didn't stop the plane from getting in the air, knowing Greenlee could be on it. He let it crash so he could play God. I wanted a little character growth, I want just once, for him to realize that his own actions (I still don't understand this whole "so and so did and got away with it so David can too" stuff) have consequences and that he isn't above the rest of PV like he thinks he is. He thinks he's god, he thinks he controls life and death...for me the ultimate moment for this character, would be his being in jail, knowing that Cara is pregnant and in trouble, miscarrying, and that he could save that baby. But he can't get there because of his own actions. Yeah, if that happened, I could move past it all feel like he might have finally grown as a character.

Right now? There isn't anything to like about him. One day of looking at the clouds with Cara doesn't mean he cares, it just means she's not smart enough to have her eyes open to him.

I don't want the character to spend the rest of his days in PV in jail, I just want him to be a better character..that doesn't mean good...that doesn't mean changed, just better character than he started.

That's it.

Archived