AMC: Wednesday, September 7, 2011

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Scott wouldn't even matter at this point. I think it would be more then enough just to have Stuart and Adam interact again. I have a feeling the show wants to bring back Stuart and let David Canary play him one last time before it ends. Nothing else really makes sense. Unless they are purposely leaving out the fourth return to kick off PP.

• Members

Off topic if anyone can answer this because someone I work with mentioned this. Zach's son was Ethan right? Is it true TK got the actor who played him booted off the show because he felt it made his character appear too old?

Well if Scott doesn't matter I think I would lose a lot of respect for Broderick and I don't believe for a second she would leave Stuarts son out of any back from the dead scenario for him I dont care how inconsequential folks might think Scott is.

• Members

I doubt Thorsten had that much power at that point (or any point for that matter). He had only been on the show for two years when Ethan 'died' and James Scott was let go. It's more likely that he was just let go because Ethan held so little importance to Megan and the show. Once Zach was introduced Ethan lost any semblance of developing story and Zach completely took his place as the focus Cambius character in the Kane world. I would definitely say that it was one of AMC's biggest losses especially considering his work on Days practically revitalized the show when he came on making for must see television for months. This isn't the first time AMC has lost a performer and they later became a must see actor for their new show. But back to AMC both him and Simone (Terri Ivans) were completely forgotten about and that's putting it mildly. The characters existed solely for Fusion storylines and often were pushed aside like runts of the litter.

I don't think anyone on the show ever had enough power to dictate storylines or get other actors fired. There is no one who has the power to stop writers from writing something. There are too many cases where an actor was dissatisfied with their work/story and yet the show passed by their concerns and wrote them anyway, with little to no change in light of the criticism.

• Members

There WAS some gossip about TK wanting the Ethan actor off, but I don't think it was ever slightly confirmed.

The Sam/Opal/Verla stuff was like classic, old school, comic AMC from the 80s (well aside from the sad fact that they didn't even have a school gym set and extras for the reunion). Just a lot of fun.

• Members

James Scott has alluded to somebody getting him fired in interviews due to issues the person had. I think he called it jealousy. Nelson Branco is the one who has straight out said it was Thorsten. James never mentioned a name. James also seems to be less bitter about the situation now than he was several years ago.

Skin, that's not exactly what happened, IMO. It wasn't Zach overshadowing Ethan and Ethan fading away. If anything they were writing both Cambias men very annoying for a period with Zach's curse and Ethan's brattiness. The audience was fine with Kendall and Ethan and then they started writing Ethan like a jerk which allowed the Zach element to creep in. They started writing Ethan like a jerk-off because of BTS matters relating to James attitude (ego) from all the blind items being released at the time.

Archived