AMC: Thursday, September 1, 2011

• Members

Totally agreed. And that's really what AMC desperately needs right now--an older character who fits that role. Running a boarding house--which also is a terrific way to introduce new (younger) characters, seems like such a no brainer. As these great character actresses (and actors) have passed away, AMC was never filling the void with new characters like that, or moving up older characters to that role (and let's face it, even if she stayed, Susan lucci could never really play that)--Opal's the only one on the canvas who really could, and it's just one of those things that seems so obvious you wonder why it hasn't been done (well aside from ABC and their demo obsession).

(While n hindsight it's criminal that AMC never really seemed to realize they were losing actors who could serve that purpose, it's been a problem with all soaps. I can't think of anyone at OLTL right now really who could play a similar role--maybe Roxie if she was toned down ever so slightly, but RC seems to have no interest in that).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The thing I loved about the boarding house concept is the way it made it easy for completely unrelated characters to interact organically. Two characters who really weren't a part of each other's stories would bump into each other in the living room because one was looking for Myrtle and the other was there visiting another resident. Now they run into each other in the hospital hallway (as Frankie strolls by in the background.)

• Members

I'm just watching yesterday's ep and I have to laugh at Erica telling Agnes "The next time you talk to my mother, tell her not to worry."

I wanted Agnes to say, "Damn girl, you realize I nearly had to die to talk to her this time right? I didn't just Skype her!"

Oh Angie girl. Please just pack your [!@#$%^&*] and start over somewhere with Maya and Lucy. Maya needs a mother figure. You can be Lucy's Big Mama and PV has too many bad memories.

Archived