AMC: Thursday, September 1, 2011

• Members

I like them, too, and also not getting the hate.

They were great!

It helps when Rylee & Zzzendull aren't on, but ITA this was a terrific episode! I couldn't stop crying when Angie handed Lucy over to Maya. I also think Maya may decide to let Angie & Jesse raise her before the show ends.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes slightly and I still think it's utter BS writing and that it's more about JR lashing out at what he knows will hit them the hardest or what he knows would be his best counter argument of looking like the better option as a parent.

I'm getting AJ Quartermaine flashbacks in regards to JR's storyline and I don't think they will go away anytime soon.

• Members

Sorry. I guess I see the constant "They're so BORRRRRRRINNNNG!!" posts as hate. It's like, "Okay we get it. If they're so boring, stop talking about them." Like I said, I find them pleasant enough. Maybe not some epic show-stopping couple but sweet. It's nice to see one couple that loves each other and isn't playing crazy ass games with each other. They're like a nascent version of Jake/Amanda.

Any day without the Alpha Dogs and their Bony Concubine Harpies is a good day in my book.

• Members

I just think Bianca and Marissa have lacked any serious obstacles on the way to romance. (I'm not counting J.R. His efforts to bring trouble and stop Marissa from taking his son are nothing short of laughable.) One minute, they're casual friends; the next, they're moving in together and all their children now have two mommies. AMC used to be so good as keeping lovers apart or making things rough for them for a good long time. What happened?

• Members

That's the exact part which makes him homophobic. He believes that Marissa/Bianca would be bad parents for AJ because they are lesbians. That's his only complaint with them. That's all he has to throw at them. That's his sole argument and entire "case" wrapped up in one sentence. It would be different if he thought Marissa/Bianca were abusive and/or neglectful caregivers. He would at least have some merit in wanting to take AJ away from that kind of environment. But he has no grounds to think that Marissa/Bianca would be bad parents. So the only argument he can use is a bigoted, homophobic view that lesbians, themselves can't raise children properly. He has committed completely to this idea which in origin is homophobic. Nothing slight about it, his ideology and viewpoint most definitely is homophobic. No getting out of that one. He has already expressed that he doesn't want AJ to even be around them because they will corrupt him with their homosexuality. I don't know what else to call that but homophobia. It's something straight out of the 60's and 70's.

• Members

If JR wants permanent custody of AJ, he'll have to cross the line and accuse Bianca of exposing his son, as well as the other children, to a life filled with drugs and orgies involving the kids as sex slaves. Of course, we'll have a big laugh because, well, this is Bianca we're talking about. Others won't be laughing, though, leading to the big "Who Shot Killed JR?" storyline that will lead us to the online show.

• Members

I loved the scene where Erica hesitantly dug in the trashcan and got that paper out laugh.png

That was a nice touch showing a picture of young JR with Adam. That had to be photoshopped right? LOL.

I find Marissa and Bianca really boring but that whole scene with them & the kids where they found out they got the house was executed perfectly. I loved that! While it was nice, I found it RIDICULOUS how fast the house stuff all happened. I mean wow.

• Members

David and Erica both so blatantly ignored what Agnes said, and then that scene where she was protesting so much. Yeah, them words are going to come back and bite them both in the ass. LOL

LMFAO at Erica and the trashcan. SL does stuff like that so well.laugh.png

• Members

15 eps left? Isn't it 16? :( (Yes, I know some fans say they're ready for the finale now, but I'll cling to every extra episode--even an Orpheus filled one--at this point)

Nor do I. They've REALLY been let down by the rush, but that said, I like them together a lot actually.

Agreed--and with Jill Larsen showing so much endless interest in doing the online version, it would give her more to do (though ideally she'd get her own story...), especially if MEK doesn't return.

• Members

Really? And you've watched how long? I tend to be pretty... hrmm waht's the word... dismissive I guess of organized religion, but AMC, particularly during some of Agnes Nixon's own eras has a lot of characters monologuing to God, etc. It doesn't bother me, because I think it's realistic, and I am fine with what seems to be Agnes Nixon's own views on religion--which are fairly vague and "God is love", and not relly with any agenda. (ANd it usually makes sense which characters are more into God, though I admit during the huge babyswitch storyline it seemed odd to me how much Babe would constantly constantly speak to God--a guy I was dating at the time was somewhat getting into the show and I remember that aspect REALLY put him off, I had barely noticed it till he would mention everytime it was a part of an episode, which was just about every day).

*Three* weeks! Sheesh all you guys making me briefly think I'll get even less AMC than I expected to--my heart can't take it.

See ER as Bianca was GREAT back then. But her last couple of returns really made me question her take on the character (granted the writing was largely *awful*) I think CBL has done a lot to make Bianca seem more mature and grown up--even without much writing. It's still one of the better recasts I can think of.

Well yeah, but I think this is an example where it was undoubtedly rushed due to the time constraints.

And then sanitized her hands immediately after, even though she barely even had a fingernail in the trash! :D

There're are a couple of posters on here (one who seems to have a regular hate for certain characters) who clearly do hate them as a couple and have said as much, but mostly, you're right, it's more a Zzzzzz reaction.

• Members

AMC2 is such an unknown quantity that I'm *really* trying not to suggest what parts of the old show they should bring to the new one. I think the blank slate and yes, even the three month break is a good thing, But I really think letting Opal take on a role similar to Myrtle would be a no-brainer. Let her open up a boarding house, or reopen the Glamourama, or take over Krystal's, or just invite people to stay with her at Courtlandt Manor. Let her be that voice of wisdom that every show needs. Not just soaps either. Any ensemble drama has that character whose role it is to speak the truth and interject some common sense: Grey's Bailey, House's Wilson, True Blood's Lafayette, etc... Opal can be that character on this show. There's the added benefit of the fact that Larsen can also tear up some humor when given the chance. She's really La Package Totale for the show because she can provide heart, laughs and history.

Archived