AMC: Thursday, September 1, 2011

• Members

The sad part is there was plenty of drama to play out over time just due to the fact that she's Babe's sister and Babe(I hate saying this) was the love of JR's life. THat in itself should have played into story and insecurities for both for a long time. But I haven't been that impressed with either actress who played Marissa. Both have been pleasant enough and thats really it.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBL doesn't have any of the values, virtues or vices that Eden has as an actress. The gulf between the two Bianca's is jarring and it's especially painful because the show is still writing Bianca as Eden's Bianca with no change. CBL doesn't have the capacities to play nice and make it interesting and watchable which is why they've thrown her into JR's orbit because they need conflict to put Marissa and Bianca in motion. Eden's Bianca could have dealt with internal problems and issues and translated that well to the viewers at home. Not CBL, she has none of the charm or ingenuity Eden enthused in the role. CBL is just there. She's a piece of drapery masquerading as the beloved daughter of Erica Kane.

They've already recasted her. I say cut the losses. She was a poor imagination of a writer who wanted a Babe clone but didn't want any of the work and effort that came with writing for the original character. He got the clean version but he also ended up with a meaningless copy that held less value then the original did.

I don't see the great loss. I was never impressed with her, her performance or her story.

I think that would be a mistake. It would just make the apparent even more obvious. Marissa isn't a real character. She is a Babe insert, a character that was created to fill the void Babe left when she died. She exists solely to be Babe. She has Babe's life, Babe's husband, Babe's kid, Babe's friends, Babe's parents, etc. Making that apparent by giving it an actual storyline where we see all the ways in which Babe and Marissa are virtually the same and showing that for months wouldn't do the Marissa character any favors. She already has enough problems remaining as her own entity. She barely has her own salient personality traits to make her definable from the AMC cast. She would have gotten lost in the Babe comparisons to where you would barely be able to see Marissa. The Babe character would have completely overwhelmed Marissa's own persona. It's better that they didn't compare the two in an overarching storyline.

• Members

ITA with you on Bianca but I just think Bianca the character has been turned into more tier 2 supporting where Eden was a Strong supporting character to Susan and actually drove story too.

As for Marissa I don't see her anything like Babe. But then I don;t think they spent anytime developing her.She's been on canvas how long and I still have no clue what this character is supposed to be. She could hae been a plain jane tht fell for JR and tried to make him unscuccessfully love her and have that brought our her insecurities or JR could have thought he fell for her only to realize he never did. I htink there was story for the character with the right actress but while both Brittany and Sarah are pleasant enough, neither has the presence

• Members

I agree, they are both dull as dishwater with very limited acting skills. I was never very fond of Eden so I automatically praised CBL in the beginning because she wasn't Eden but when I really looked at CBL's Bianca she plays Bianca always the exact same way whether Bianca is supposed to be angry, upset, happy or in love, CBL plays it all the same with a lot of blinking, stuttering and hand wringing.

I also don't think she has any chem with Susan Lucci whatsoever which I believe is more important than her having chem with her love interest (which she doesn't have either).

I've made my feelings clear regarding Sarah Glendening's acting plenty of times and if I thought she had gotten better I would say so.

the religious aspect of amc today was a bit too much for my taste and I feel very un-amc like. the only good thing was Agnes telling David to let God do God's work.

So just like that, Angie can give up her daughter?

The Minx happy family scenes are just so fake and unrealistic. JR's reaction might be over the top and yes, slightly homophobic but it's at least somewhat realistic unlike those three brats jumping up and down because Minx Binx bought a house for them.

Did Tad really compare JR to Ray Gardner because I could've sworn that's what I heard.

• Members

We must be watching different AMC's cause I would say that about Eden's Bianca, which was much more one note holier than though whiner that didn't relate, while watching CBL I finally see Bianca as an adult, something I could never say about ER.

• Members

Not that I expected Angie to keep it a secret, but I could hardly believe it when I cut on the TV today towards the end of the show and Maya was already snuggling up with HER baby. Soapy whiplash, that was quick.

I really like Maya and I would love it if she went on to the online version even if Angie is off finding her light or whatever. I really wish Mookie had been the product of a one night stand Jesse had in NY when he was on the run (you know, because Jesse needs a couple more reasons to look like a dick) so Frankie and Natalia could have a bad seed brother and the baby and Maya would have solidified Hubbard involvement.

• Members

I felt that most of the time Bianca was lead unless she was in a relationship then she always supported whoever she was dating at the time. Through her coming out story, her rape, her pregnancy, the babyswitch she was most certainly lead material. Eden was interesting because she could play the good ingenue and still remain interesting. She was a rootable heroine/ingenue. Arguably AMC's last great one. People cared about her and she was a gateway character the audience could connect to the stories of AMC. CBL simply doesn't have that. She is too blank and doesn't have any of the qualities Eden's Bianca had because Eden had more skill in the way she played Bianca.

I think she is supposed to be Babe more or less just a more subdued version. She is a Babe surrogate though, I don't think that can be denied. She has virtually taken Babe's place in every facet of her (former) life. She more or less reacts to things the same way Babe does just without any zest, passion or you know energy. I agree that she has no identifiable qualities to make her characterization much of anything. She as well is too bland to exist and she is just there to be whiter then white (morally speaking) with CBL's Bianca.

Slightly? laugh.png

That would be a legit comparison at this point.

Bianca was anything but a devoutly sanctimonious whiner under Eden's portrayal. I would look no further then 2003's Cambius murder mystery and Bianca's rape storyline. But even if she was I would take anything literally anything over CBL's blank face and stupefied eye fluttering.

• Members

Oh I so disagre. Watching right now and thinking how great they are making it look. Love her outfit as well

Thanks. I saw on IMDB that her name is Agnes Eckheardt and was also on OLTL in 2008. Did she portray the same character on both shows or are they unrelated?

amc0901111.jpg

The kids looked adorable

• Members

Well, when she was on OLTL it was when Viki went to Office Building Heaven in '08 and she was an angelic figure. Then of course she also appeared on AMC as the ghostly founder of Pine Valley or whatever when she wore that costume. So I guess she's played three versions of herself on her two shows.

• Members

So Agnes was supposed to have a "profound" impact on Cara, David and Erica's lives, but Erica and David completely disregarded her messages to them. I did enjoy watching AN and SL together but, really, they made the woman fly out to L.A. for that?!

Archived