August 22-26, 2011

Toups

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I recall OLTL hitting #1 in demos for Dorian hitting Jessica in 1999. ABC had a big cake for JFP and it helped her get the GH gig the following year. I can't remember if it was #1 for 18-34, too or just 18-49 though.

Todd's execution was May 29, 2006.

Not Toups, but I think he's going by 18-34 VIEWERS which is what breaks those ratings point ties.

• Administrator

OLTL is #1 all by itself.

OLTL definitely hit #1 in 18-49. Not sure about 18-34 either.

Thanks. OLTL didn't hit #1 in 18-34 there.

#1 in Rating. I don't do W18-34 Viewers for some reason. LOL

Okay thanks. I don't suppose anyone has the 18-34 numbers from 1999? LOL

• Members

No, lol....just say OLTL was all alone at number one for the first time this century : )

And remember, sites like TVByTheNumbers use your data (and sometimes, your commentary), so make sure you say that OLTL *has* been number one in that category lately, just not all alone there like this past week. Otherwise, they'll act like it's just a fluke it's number one.

• Members

Hmm, I might actually have them on my old computer drive, Toups. I used to track JFP's numbers very closely. I'll check and get back to this weekend, ok?

EDITED - DAYS had those old press release touting them at #1 18-49 for like 500+ weeks straight. In 1998, GH soared and beat Days in 18-49 and DAYS started to tout #1 18-34 then stopped.

• Members

It's not a GH v. OLTL thing. Both shows will be gone come this time next year. The reason some of us care about OLTL's numbers - HH, demos, etc. - is because they higher they are, the worst The Revolution is going to look this time next year. I don't think Frons regrets killing the soaps; I don't think he's going to reconsider keeping OLTL on the air. But the higher the ratings, the worse it's going to make The Revolution look.

Archived