AMC: Tuesday, August 30, 2011

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show doesn't have the time to do a rebuilding story for Angie and Jessie justice and I would hate them just slapping them togehter like none of this happened. I know people want to see their soap couples leave happily ever after but what if Darnell wants to stay(although I don;t see that happening). I guess if he does leave it makes sense to reconcile them I just don't see the show doing that kind of story justice.

• Members

TPTB have dug themselves into this mess with this neglected Jesse & Angie story, so to me the only half plausible way to end it is with them apart. It will see cheap and very fake if Jesse and Angie are all happy and all is forgiven in 17 friggin days.

• Members

The problem is while Angie knows there has been no Angie and Jessie moments post reveal to show the fallout. Or is Angie getting over it simply mean "Jessie I forgive you" but I can't live in PV with Lucy so lets move out of town. Not close to realistic but I am sure the couple fans would love it. What makes a story powerful is playing up the leadin and fallout. Well AMC has already failed on the leadin lets hope there is some fallout. I think Angie and Jessie splitting up over this lie regardless of how good Jessie's motives were is good drama and realistic. Angie has never been a walking robot like Kendall and Greenlee heck even Dixie to some extent have become with their men. She's independent and independent minded. To me it would be an insult seeing her sucking back up to Jessie.

• Members

Exactly! I think what should happen is Angie gets her sight back and decides to book it out of town to start fresh.... not on the sly though. Maybe have Jesse and her part ways at the train station they were reunited at. Make it clear that they still love each other always will, but that Angie can't deal with all the heartbreak coming back to PV has caused her with her blindness, the death of her child, losing Lucy and being betrayed by Jesse. She needs time away. Then, when PP reboots things update the viewers on what happened to them whether Angie and Jesse got back together or they divorced. I think this way, the couple's history is respected, but at the same time the fallout to this poorly managed story makes somewhat logical sense.

• Members

Just picture this conversation:

Krystal: Oh Angie you're just so strong and brave and loving but how are you ever going to get over this?

Angie: Oh I'm fine.

Krystal: But to lose little Ellie like that after you sacrificed your sight for her..

Angie: It's okay.

Krystal: Then to have Jesse hand you another baby and lie to you for months just because you were blind and couldn't tell the difference...

Angie: He meant well.

Krystal: But then he buried your little girl in the park!! She didn't even have a Christian burial! I know how important your faith is to you!

Angie: I'm cool. Anyway, Jesse and I are packing up the baby's room and giving all her things to the Miranda center. Can I get some takeout?

That's pretty much what needs to happen for Jesse and Angie to get a happy ending.

• Members

lol funny

I think Adams conclusion is the perfect way to end their story. Its not infidelity, its a lie Jessie propagated because he was trying to protect Angie but that doesn't mean she can just forget that she did lose her baby, that he did in the end lie and betray her no matter what his intentions were

I just fear Ellie will be back to life ala David and somehow that will ultimately repair and give Angie and Jessie their happily ever after which the couple shippers seem to need to have.

Archived