AMC: Tuesday, August 30, 2011

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me, too. I just hope she doesn't join the PP version.

I was thinking the same thing. They could've cut out the Greenlee/Ryan/Kendall scenes and had more Jesse/Angie.

Debbi damn well better submit these scenes for next year's Emmys and win because of them!

I haven't minded Ryan the last few months.

I was glad to see Tad so upset because I was rolling my eyes when Dixie let David examine her. I wish she would just tell Tad or JR about the B bracelet so this story can get moving. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but based on this latest flashback, it looked to me like the other woman (most likely Babe) was dead.

ITA that it was a great episode! I second your wish that we don't lose too many actors.

Well, that is the heart of his character and I don't mind it as long as he doesn't somehow get turned into the hero of this whole Orpheus storyline.

• Members

I think that was actually a shot at me. Whatever.

I don't defend actors to other people because I hate it when people insist on telling me how good an actor is. You know what I'm talking about. Those constant pimp posts some people do day after day talking about how amazing and talented someone it and if another person dares to suggest they don't see it, these fanboys and fangirls immediately jump all over you trying to convince you. "Well she wouldn't be frontburner if she wasn't good!" (We've all seen what a fallacy that is.) "He must be good because he has an Emmy!" (Again, we can all think of examples that disprove that hypothesis.) "She gets a lot of fan mail!" (So do prisoners.) I get tired of people who feel the need to make everybody see things their way.

I love Darnell. I know his limitations and accept them. I like a lot of the mugging that he does because he's usually playing the exasperated police chief in a farce which sadly is what I think a lot of this is. I don't think DW ever "phones it in." He's seems to me to be more of a "let's get this over with so we can all get to dinner" type. When I think of phoning it in I think of what we saw from Michael Nouri. That guy did everything but whip out his iPhone and start playing Angry Birds. BTW, did I miss the announcement that he left the show? When did he call it quits?

ETA: Now that I've had a chance to watch, please add my name to the "Debbi Morgan tore it up" list. As for Darnell being weaker in those scene, those scenes belonged to Debbi and he knew it. He just stood back and let her work. Somebody like Mathison would've tried to out emote her.

After watching Angie go through that it's unfathomable to me that anybody thinks J&A would be fine in two weeks. In no universe - not even a Project Orpheus one - would that make sense. Angie needs to serve Jesse with papers and tell him she's moving to Genoa City. Screw the happy ending BS.

• Members

Check the ego, honey. If it was a shot at you, I would've mentioned or quoted you as well. I don't do the subliminal thing like other people. Actually, I had no idea who made the comment I was referring to. I skim posts when threads get to be multiple pages and just make a mental note of something I want to comment on later. My main concern was speaking my piece on the phoning it in vs. bad material conversation regardless of which poster said what. God, everyone's so damn defensive.

Mathison who? You mean Cameron Mathison? This guy -> :mellow: <- would've attempted to out emote someone? You're being extraordinarily generous.

I agree with 17 broadcast episodes left. However, with the crummy way this show's being written, I wouldn't be surprised if Jesse and Angie do get a happy ending. I can see it taking a page from the Babe is Love script with Angie realizing Jesse switched the babies out of his deep and undying love for Angie.

• Members

When you dismiss others' opinions as "garbage," as if your opinions aren't, what do you expect? If you disagree, then disagree, but don't make disparaging remarks like that and not expect others to take it personally.

I still enjoy reading your comments, R Sinclair. You're one of the many here who approaches soaps intelligently. In that particular instance, however, I felt you had crossed a line.

Archived