AMC: Tuesday, August 30, 2011

• Members

Yeah I quit a couple of weeks ago and just came back this week for the Hubbard reveal such as it is. I talked to my offline friend and he said he checked out on AMC about three weeks ago and OLTL a week later. His mom even called him complaining about Zach being back because she doesn't understand any of this Project Orpheus stuff. "What the hell? He just died a few months ago?!"

I'll make up my mind about the AMC 2.0 if and when it airs. We don't know anything about the show. Obviously I have my deal breakers like everybody else. I don't care who doesn't make the jump but if certain people do (Zendall, Rylee) I won't even bother.

Be grateful. For better or worse, we've reached the point of acceptance. Frankly I'd rather be disconnected than like these people I see still in the denial, anger and bargaining phase.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I lied, I did enjoy the living hell out of Erica's satisfied as hell smile she was wearing after he dream about Mike, but other than that...I haven't been entertained in weeks. LB has almost sucked the chemistry out of the David/Erica interactions too. That's saying a lot.

UGH.

• Members

^No, that I LOVED. LMFAO And I loved her comment about how she and David have "issues" but they can "co-exist". But this whole thing between D&E, "Who's alive?" "Not telling you" crap is getting old. They clearly cut a scene of there on Monday, so I'm hoping this nonsense is FINALLY moving forward.

• Members

I have to ask because I really haven't watched AMC much in years aside from off and on occassionally. I disconnected myself from the show emotionally with the unaboration story and have gone through phases where I watch and don't watch. I did want to return to catch the last 2-3 months but did anyone really expect LB to work a miracle? First of all LB is not the greatest soap writer in the world, she's not even in the list of the 5 best writers AMC has had. SHes been an improvement but I am not really sure if she is that much better than the previous writers. Personally I think they should have left Dixie dead. If that was LB's idea I check that one as a failure. But the rest of the back from the dead nonsense and returns I don't think she had much control over.

Just curious what folks felt she was going to be able to do with her limited time or what YOU were expecting or hoping for?

• Members

WEll that was probably an unfair stmt since Agnes has been the HW for this show for the majority of the first 20 years off and on and

aside from McTavish I guess Broderick has the most longevity on AMC. when I think of all the great AMC stories most of those were Agnes but then again she was really the dominant force all those years too.

• Members

A fair question. Admittedly I am disappointed with how this show is going out but my disappointment stems mainly from the fact that I believe, and always have, that soaps shouldn't do science-fiction and that what Project Orpheus is. IMO, AMC has always been at its best when sticking with stories of the heart a la Jake/Amanda. This mess with David is campy insulting crap that would play better on OLTL while Zach and his ever loyal concubine would fit seamlessly on GH. I like LB. No she isn't perfect but to me, she's infinitely better than the likes of Carlivati or Guza. For all of AMC's flaws and fails right now, it isn't misogynistic and that is HUGE for me. I hate Rylee with the heat of a million suns and Ryan is a paternalistic, insufferable ass but I can say that he treats Greenlee better than 90% of the men on ABC treat women. Zendall is a different issue. I think they're disgusting from top to bottom and I'm terribly sorry that they are going to mar this show's final months.

I enjoy LB's style of writing. Just like I enjoy Michael Malone's style of writing. That doesn't mean I think everything they do is right.

• Members

I know I am late but I have to say Debbie was amazing in this episode. Once she got to the grave site I just got goosebumps and then when she started talking about how she wanted her baby back I was in full blown tears. I never cry when watching soaps. Just amazing. Truly gripping scenes.

• Members

but theres alot more besides Agnes and Lorraine and Lorraine most definetly is better than most. I say she is definetly better than anyone who came after the 80s. The only one Id personally rank above her is Agnes but I can see how some can pick Wisner Washam. Those would make up the top 3. I dont think the other headwriters really compare

Archived