GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think it was before, his GH stint was the Summer of '85.

I'm guessing his character could've easily have been redeemed ala Sean if the character took off. I could see a Preston/Holly pairing long term if ES didn't leave the show that fall. He was written out abruptly after kidnapping Holly.

Edited by Spoon

• Members

I finally watched the State of Mind with Shelly Curtis.  I would kill for some of these folks to be interviewed about their careers and time on GH like that amazing OLTL book.  I know MB had her and Riche on to basically thank them and hear what his breakdown looked like from their perspectives.  But all I wanted to hear was more of the stuff she learned from working with Monty and editing- especially her ability to edit while doing the shots, and her title of queen of the sex scenes.

I also absolutely loved the not so subtle shade she cast on Frank’s vision- that even with no time she is capable of finding moments because she can pare it down in her head to what matters most per show.  I haven’t ever heard anyone put it that way really with soaps, but it’s true.  When you have an emotional centerpiece of that day’s episode, and all of them should have that, you get through the more mundane scenes and move your extra time to craft the one most important for that one episode.

When I think of what has been missing on the current show it’s that- everything is treated with the same bland, generic hand. And the drama just never happens, never peaks.  I bet had she been at GH with the same scripts from the last two years it would have been infinitely better.

• Members

It's kind of like what her former colleague and boss, Al Rabin, said once about producing DAYS.  With every scene, he always asked, "What have we shared with the audience?".  Rabin, Curtis and the rest of that team were very big on getting to the heart of each scene, so that every emotion at play was palpable for the audience.  That's why I loved DAYS back in the '80's, even if it wasn't the same show it had been the decade before.

• Members

Two clips, less than 20 minutes, and this had more stakes, told more story, had heart and even humor (thank you Tiffany Hill).  The current show could use more of this.  More actual meat to this storytelling.

I thought so back then, and I still think so now rewatching this- GF and MB had great chemistry.  And Sonny was so hot back then.  So was Garcia- what a waste there.

And Tiffany’s comment when Sean finds her at the police station is so funny.  Tiffany was a fun character.  It is easy to forget just how volatile both Luke and Laura could be after she was reduced to Earth Mother and he became so disenchanted.

Edited by titan1978