Bizarre soap scenes

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know, and if I was a longtime fan of the show, I would have been royally pissed too, but watching it as an oddity, it was just so bad it was good! But after this and NuSalem was over, I left..shows you what happens when you do something weird, you may get the eyes watching it but they wont stay for long! What was so weird is that the production values are pretty good. The Horton house looks kind of like a real solid house and I love the spooky lighting and the lightning flashes at just the right time.

Actually one of the dumbest things on Days was when Sami went undercover as a guy, and they got some pumped up gay guy to play her. I think she got drafted to Iraq?? That storyline was not only dumb and tasteless, which is the hallmark of a good storyline to me usually, but boring!

• Members

I have to admit that the show's devotion to Tom and Alice, albeit in very bizarre ways (as seen above) kind of touches me. On some soaps, we would have learned long after the fact that Tom pimped Marie out as a young girl.

• Members

I don't know, I kind of would have like a trifecta of the heads of Bert Bauer, H.B. Lewis and Henry Chambelin chasing Wheeler and Kreizman out of the GL offices!!! H.B. "Git the hell outta here you damn fools," Henry "Please exit the building at your earliest convenience you vile would be wordsmiths!" Bert,"Now dears, you really do need to leave as soon as possible...have a nice day doing whatever it is that you would be doing, but just don't do it here. Would you like a cup of coffee to go???"

• Members

Yea, it is weird, and in a "weird," way the scene works up until Marlena returning to kill Alice. Love that Alice not only tricks Marlena but stands up to her. "Put that letter opener DOWN!" and love the ghosts protecting Alice and that Marlena has her ass handed to her by Ghost BigHead Tom! If they had left it at that its would work in a goofy way, but they of course, didnt leave it at that. Plus, would Tony have really gone to the trouble of dreaming up GhostHead Tom and the ghosts protecting Alice if his main goal to is to get someone (Alice, as she found the note implicating Marlena) out of the way and make Marlena think she did it?Well not to mention that Tony says he found exact doubles of the victims (and just how did he do that??) and that means he did indeed have to kill those people in the ways that we saw on screen, but no one seemed the least concerned that some old lady was nabbed off the street and had Alice's donuts shoved down her throat in the Horton Kitchen.

Ooooh, look who the fool is, I am actually analyzing this stupid storyline!!!

• Members

The most bizarre soap scene I can think of is the one that never happened, but I think Tom Langan was seriously toying with at one point. I'm convinced that the scene was developed, planned out and written, at the bare minimum. Maybe it was never the definite plan, with a final decision having been made to go in that direction. But I think the scene was envisioned and strongly considered.

When Sami finally landed Austin after years of trying, she started to have feelings for Brandon. It looked like there was going to be an affair, or at least a one night stand. Meanwhile, it was widely speculated--and later confirmed--that Brandon was was Abe's son. But the show was extremely slow in revealing that fact, and it was pretty clear that they were in no rush to expose the truth.

At the time I wondered if Sami was going to get pregnant, and not know for certain who the real father was. I thought we would all find out when the baby came out of Sami and everyone was stunned to realize that it was black. That would have confirmed both the paternity of the child, as well as Brandon's true paternity.

• Members

My favorite death out of the Salem Serial Killer time was Cassie's.

Death via pinata. Not quite as bizarre as Tom's Glowing Head protecting Alice, but still bizarre.

Single line of bizarre: 1984 blowoff to Salem Slasher at the concert hall. Tom and Alice are waiting to enter. Alice spots a group performing outside the door:

"Look, Tom! They're break dancing!"

• Members

A year later on Passions for Thanksgiving JER parodied his own work by having Tabitha hosting a big dinner with a giant turkey pinata that looked like it was dripping blood all over to everyone's horror; it turned out the pinata was full of cranberry sauce. That was bizarre too.

• Members

And so, we have the "Andre explains it all" scenes for the SSK retcon. These are still [!@#$%^&*] hilarious. "The wounds were fabricated and simulated as well. The medical examiner? He was working for us." Uh, didn't Lexie operate on Abe?

Archived