Bizarre soap scenes

• Members

Some scenes on soaps are deliberately strange, like "gothic" stories, or nightmares, or fantasies. Other moments aren't supposed to be that at all and somehow stumble onto absurdity. Are there any moments you remember watching and thinking, "What was that?"

The one I most remember is during the horrible, make-it-up-as-we-go-along Diego murder "mystery" on ATWT. Emily Stewart, one of the suspects, randomly stole Diego's corpse and went on a joyride! Yes, a joyride. I believe we even saw her driving the car, with Diego's corpse in the backseat, and she was doing that hysterical laugh/shriek Kelly Menighan Hensley was so fond of. It was totally out of place on ATWT and just went along with how ludicrous the whole story was.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Definitely the flying bed on Days of Our Lives. They're having a real intimate moment, a moment they're sharing for the first time, and they completely ruined it. I mean really, what the HECK were they thinking when they decided to put a green screen behind the bed and have them fly into space and land in a meadow?

Archived