AMC: Friday, August 5, 2011

• Members

Definitely the best character to come out of the final 5 years of this show. It was unfortunate the first 18 months she was on the show she was rather bland and lifeless as a character and nothing really to demonstrate Melissa's capabilities as an actress. It all changed when Richie came in and began terrorizing her. Her unraveling was some of the best writing this show has seen in a long time. It was so fascinating to watch too.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't watch AMC but even I have been tempted to sneak a peak. I thought the Leo/Greenlee scenes were very nice and touching. Janet's hand make up was crazy scary but she is just crazy fun. Is it me or is David saving/bringing everyone back from the dead seem very JER?

• Members

That's precisely what I got out of it too. He made sure she was happy and alright and he gave her some closure with his death. Now we still have to see him in that suit that he's wearing in ABC photos. LOLMy guess is he'll watch her leave and be forelorn. Just wondering WHY he can't be with her right now? Did he promise David something or ....?? But I will bet Dixie's other kidney that Leo is among the living.

• Members

This episode was TO GOOD!

Kate Collins is a goddess! I just love her! Such a great Actress, she plays this Janet flawlessly and to the core. LOL at the look on Kendall & Bianca's face when they saw Janet and the way Janet greeted them. To funny! The dialogue was on point & I loved all the history mentions! Everything was just soo soapy and good. I was on the edge of my seat. The Janet/Cara/Griffin scenes at the hospital were good to. Loved when Janet told them Dixie was alive. I wish she could've worked "dirty birds" somewhere in there! :P

LOVED Marian apologizing to Kendall for trying to shoot her! That was nice! Will we get a Marian/Liza scene? or a Marian/Marissa one (LOL)?

THATS how you do the signature Kane women hug! Still can't believe Kendall & Binx didn't see through Jane after that. Loved Erica's little reunion with her girls!

The Greenlee/Leo scenes were CRAZY GOOD. Like, seriously! Amazing! Rebecca Budig did such a great job! Girl did WORK! I am so amazed by how much better she acts & carries herself across JD. Tons more interesting & into things than she is with CM. She & JD have still got it. The scenes were very well orchestrated & they picked all the right flashbacks! JD was natural and it was like he never left. I admire him so much for coming back. He did a really great job.

Zach...well I was a fan but not so much anymore. Sad to say I'm not looking forward to seeing him to much &, honestly, I dread his reunion with Kendall. I'm sure it'll be nice, but...I really thought she was so much better off without him. *sigh* I liked Zach but once he died and I saw Kendall get over the grief of losing him, she became so much more of the way she used to be pre-Zach, and that was the Kendall I always preferred!! Not to mention, after much resistance towards them, I fell in love with her & Griff has a pairing! *doublelesigh* Oh well!

• Members

Yup, Greenlee's never had half the chemistry with Ryan that she did with Leo!

Me either.

Loved Dixie showing up right behind Tad! For once, I don't think Ryan's out of line for attacking David considering he did whisk Greenlee off somewhere. And ITA, Zach should've been Kendall's fantasy! I hope Zach will die in her arms since the last I knew he wasn't staying around for the online version anyway.tongue.png

Yeah, it's been a waste!

I wish they'd shown Janet at least lighting the match before the escape. It felt jarring for Erica to just show up at Kendall's like that. I did love Kendall opening the door to Marian and now that Kendall admitted she also tried to kill someone, I'm more hopeful than ever that maybe Marian can be released before the show goes off!

I'm disappointed that Annie didn't get to see JR during her brief return.

• Members

Omg I came back to read the thread again to search and see who mentioned this....this was the best moment LOL I rewinded quite a few times cause it was just so wub.png LOVED that!

LOL...that would be something. ;-P

I was hoping for some Jannie scenes to but thought its probably for the best they didn't happen at this time considering what a mess JR is these days. If he hadn't fallen off the wagon after finding out about Minx I think we would've gotten some nice JR/Annie moments, maybe even a reunion.

• Members

Oh Ryan was definetly justified but I cant take Cameron in anger mode. That is when he is at his absolute worse and unbearable to watch. He does much better with the more relaxed approach thats needed for his more calmer scenes like earlier with Annie. Ryan on a rampage is the worst

I dont think so. It wouldnt have made any sense. Her relationship with JR was toxic and the primary reason she went insane and went to Oak Haven. She'd get out and one of the first things she'd do is reunite with him? That would be taken a major step backwards. They handled it the best way and that was using her brief return to focus on Emma, someone that has always been a positive influence on her and considering her mental state as she left and the progress she's made, thats what she needed. She and JR were done as a couple when she lost her mind over him. I never thought this return was about going back to that and thankfully it was not. And as you said, condering what a awful drunk he is, it would have been a complete mess. Insane asylum escapee + miserable drunk = nothing good

• Members

It made no sense pretending like JR and Annie had never ever existed when the reason she was in OH is because of her relationship with JR. It's like AMC went out of their way to make sure that Annie wasn't even allowed to mention why she was in OH this time. They kept going on and on about Ryan and Greenlee and Annie stabbing Erica but no mention of the JR drama.

I found the whole thing awkward and badly written. Even if there weren't to be a Jannie reunion, they could've at least mentioned why Annie was actually in Oak Haven this time.

Sounds like fun to me! Crazy Annie meets drunk JR!

• Members

I can get that. They could have had Janet tease her about that since she kept throwing other tidbits about Annie's past at her. Marion could have been used as a vehicle to bring up JR as well considering she is his aunt via marriage. And of course there was Tad, JR's stepfather, coming face to face with Annie, which was another oppurtunity to bring it up

Archived