AMC: Actress confirms return

• Members

Totally unrelated to this thread, but I guess I should bring this up to one the administrators. The "Community Admiinstrator" logo under your avatar icon is large and spills into the text box and covers the first few letters of your post making it hard to read. I dont know if anyone else is having that issue but I just noticed it on my browser

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I "care" about as much as I "care" if Bea Arthur really referred to Betty White as a c u next Tuesday, or if Esther Rolle really wouldn't return to Good Times unless they ditched the Carl character and made J.J. less buffoonish. It's just bts trivia schmivia, it's not that deep.

• Members

She and David Boreanez were quite close actually and Joss Whendon loved her and described her work ethic as being very old hollywood. She may take a little while to warm up but she actually has quite a few close friends from AMC and Buffy and she came to the 10 year reunion they had a few years ago. So I wouldn't say she is as cold as mentioned above. She and Lucci could have just not connected.

Well you just admitted that Kendell changed to fit Minshew. Kendell was originally a lot bitchier and a lot more of a force to be reckoned with before. AM's Kendell is a more subdued water down version of that class A bitch character if that. The writers saw the way Alicia played the role and they softened her no doubt because they had Budig's Greenlee to deal with becoming the next Erica.

Agree. SMG is an awesome actress. The only thing I could say about her is that she doesn't do well in comedy. But as a romantic actress and as a dramatic actress she destroys Minshew.

That's true too.

• Members
IA. AM is alot more in your face where as SMG is a bit more subtle with her techniques. Her Kendall wasnt as aggressive as AM or Greenlee for that matter. She was bitchier in a more sly , calculating way

She had to do a lot of comedy on Buffy and I think she did well with that. Ever see her performance as BuffyBot? That was hilarious...lol

• Members

SL for any criticism leveled towards her, I don't think there's anybody that comes close to her Erica. SMG was lacking the romantic sex chemistry (but had maybe the perfect combo of the soft/hard mix), RB is too hard (but has the comedic timing), AM is a little too soft (but has the romantic sex appeal). You need a lot of types to make a perfect Erica. That's why there is only one and probably will only ever be one.

SMG played the role of Kendall a lot like RB played the role of Greenlee, except SMG had a layer of the softer side. I know it's forgotten because she became a big star, but Kendall was deeply hated back then by a lot of fans. Story wise, her plotting would always backfire almost immediately. This wasn't a case of Kendall being a smart in-control bitch like David Hayward or even Erica Kane. She was always too volatile and emotionally driven.

Kendall has become a heroine instead of a villainess/anti-heroine but that's due to the curse of the couple.

• Members

Erica is one of a kind and no matter how many vixens have come along since, no one has touched what SL and Erica have been.

I do agree with you about SMG but to me its difficult to say how Kendall would be now if she were in the role because we never really saw Kendall evolve or grow significantly with her portrayal. No there is no other SL or Erica and never will be.

I am not against recasts, there are plenty I have embraced but SMG to me had the it factor as Kendall the same as SBr had the it factor as Carly on GH. AM has done a fine job I guess and I think its been more Zach that made me dislike her as much as I have because I have actually enjoyed watching her more since he's left canvas.

• Members

Say what you will about SL or Erica Kane, but soap fans in general are (for the most part) intelligent and discerning folk; and they'd never take just ANY anti-heroine to their hearts the way they have w/ her.

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: *picturing David with earrings/heels/hairdo/etc*

But yes, there is something SO rootable and delicious about the wannabe vixen/bitch who fails miserably. When she wins, you are totally on her side no matter what it is. Erica was sort of like that in the beginning, too, with everyone throwing dirt her (except for Mona) as she tried to destroy lives for selfish reasons. She evolved into the perfect adult version of that, though, without being too child-like or too boring. Kendall is just a mess.

Archived