Prospect Park Wants to Air AMC and OLTL On Cable Network

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW! So there IS hope for these two shows yet. Although I'm less interested in AMC and far more interested in OLTL, this is a great bit of news for them both. It would be great to see both shows get a new beginning with great new openings and everything. OLTL would probably be bombarded with a string of new characters but that's fine with me as long as they can be made interesting. And wouldn't it also be great to see these shows airing weeknights instead of weekdays? Then they can both be as racy as they want to be.

• Members

So ABC sells ownership to Prospect. Prospect holds the rights, they already bought out ABC from what I heard Aug.30th ABC loses ownership of the actors, Sept.23rd they lose AMC. Prospect has no more ties after buyouts, especially now when they are fielding TV network offers. This sounds like a major gaff.

• Members

Lol I was going to watch OLTL online, I really just don't like watching on the computer but I was going to do it for my show. Now with this cable thing it makes it more convenient for me as obviously we all would rather watch on tv.

• Members

ABC still owns them, Prospect Park is just licensing the brands. They are going to have to pay ABC millions a year for the rights to the brands of these shows. Whenever Prospect Park decides to end its affiliation with the shows, ownership of the brands will still belong to ABC.

• Members

I remember when Oprah spoke out about not taking on the soaps and how they were not money makers.

OWN has been troubled wih low ratings of its' on and Oprah has been shaking up her management.

Two established shows with a built in audience may not look too bad to her now!

I have not watched a lot of AMC and OLTL but I'd like to see them land on cable and do good because I am a fan of the soap genre and want it to continue .

• Members

I think it's like the company Shout Factory who get licenses for shows from their owners and then puts those seasons like The Facts of Life on DVD and must share the profits it makes from the sales on the dvd with the owner of the shows depending on what they agreed on.

• Members

Cable is much more appealing than viewing them online and would obviously reach a broader audience. If they are really serious about making the soaps edgier then they can start from scratch with new writers and a repackaged formula in prime time. A 6/7:00 or 7/8:00 pm block in prime time without the restrictions of Daytime would be interesting.

• Members

here's a possibility/twist no one is talking about if you haven't heared Spike TV is about to be rebranded as a general network for both Male and Female so it would not be out of the question that they pick up both shows part of thier rebrand. CBS owns Spike which would be very intresting to see how ABC would react to thier former shows ending up on a CBS network.

Archived